We all want beautiful curls and usually, don’t have enough time to make them. At the same time, using curling irons and wands can be damaging to your tresses. Is there a worry and a heat-free way to make amazing curls in just 5 minutes? There is. In fact, there are a few of them. If you are ready to spend some time to learn how to curl your hair without heat in 5 minutes, you can substantially minimize your time in front of the mirror every morning.
Do you need a way to curl your locks on vacation when you forgot to bring a curling iron? Or perhaps you want to save your damaged tresses from the extra heat? These smart options can help you do both while saving you time for other beauty sessions. These methods can be used on both long and short hair. Even though they work the best when you have tresses, which are at least should-length. Let’s take a look.
1. The Magic Headband
Did you know that a headband is much more than a hair accessory? It can help you create beautiful curls in no time. This method works the best when you leave the hair up overnight, however, it’s good for a quick fix curling session as well. There are special styling headbands available for sale. But in reality, you can use a regular thick headband. Here is how:
- Wash your hair and allow it to dry a little. You can also run wet hands through your locks to make them slightly damp. You might have to do it 3 – 4 times to reach the needed level of dampness
- Put the headband on your head so the front part is in the middle of your forehead.
- Separate your hair into as many sections as you wish and wrap each one of them around the headband.
- Leave the hair alone for at least 5 minutes (the longer the better). You have to make sure the hair is completely dry before removing the headband.
- Unwrap the hair from the headband.
- Use your fingers to comb slightly through the hair. If you use a comb or a brush, you might end up straightening the curls.
- Use a hairspray or hair gel to keep the curls intact for as long as possible. Try not to touch your hair throughout the day in order not to ruin the hairstyle.
2. Just the Fingers
If you have slightly wavy hair, you can make wonderful curls in a matter of minutes without any heat. All you need is your fingers. Sounds easy, doesn’t it?
- Wash your hair and let it dry until it feels slightly damp. You can reach the same results by wetting your hand and running it through your locks several times.
- Separate your hair into several sections. Don’t make them too small. About 6 – 8 sections are more than enough.
- Wrap the end of the section around your finger and twist it counterclockwise
- Take the next section and do the same by twisting clockwise.
- Once your twisted strand is done, use some hair spray to shape it.
- Repeat the above steps for all of the sections
- Leave them twisted for 5 minutes (or the time it takes you to get to a party, meeting, or school).
- Use your fingers to carefully untwist your hair and comb it through
- Don’t use combs or brushes as they can straighten out your curls.
Smart tip: Instead of untwisting the hair with your fingers, you can flip the mane up and down several times. This way you won’t disturb the curls and get a great slightly messy hairstyle.
3. Smart Pin Curl Clips
Rollers might be a great way to make curls, but they take too long of a time to work. If you need a quick fix idea, pin curl clips can become your best friends. Here is how.
- Wash your hair and allow it to dry until it feels damp. Or you can run your wet hand through the dry hair 3 – 4 times to achieve the same level of dampness.
- Use a leave in conditioner or a curl shaping foam to make the curl shaping faster. Regular hair gel can do the trick as well.
- Divide your hair into 8 – 10 sections, depending on how big you want your curls to be (more sections= smaller curls).
- Start with the front strands. Take one and wrap it around your finger away from your face to make a loop. Use the pin curl clip to attach the loop to rest of your hair.
- Repeat the process with all of the strands. You don’t have to worry about the loops looking perfect or being the same size. In the end, the hairstyle will look fantastic anyway.
- Wait for your hair to dry and take off the pin curl clips.
- Toss your hair back and forth and the beautiful curls are ready!
This is a timeless hair curling method that our great grandmothers used. It works the best when you use it overnight but can offer you wonderfully looking curls in just several minutes.
- Dampen your hair using the techniques described in the above methods.
- Apply curl shaping conditioner or hair gel created specifically for making curls.
- Separate your hair into several sections. Most of the time just a couple will do. If you want smaller curls, make more sections.
- Once you created your French braid, tie the ends with an elastic and use a hair spray to keep them intact. Don’t overdo the hairspray part since you might have trouble unraveling the braids in the ends.
- Wait as long as you can and unbraid the sections.
- Voila! Your curls are ready to shine!
Women with straight hair are often dreaming about the curls but the lengthy curling process scares them. Using the above 4 methods you can create wonderful curls quickly and without using any of the damaging heat. Try them today and let us know what you think!