Every time you look in the mirror, you want to see your head covered in curls. You know the ones, the perfect dangling locks that gracefully hang and sway as you walk. They are accompanied by a beautiful, healthy sheen that reflects the sunlight as they bounce with every step.
Yet while those curls come naturally to some, your hair needs a little assistance. It is time to investigate heated hair rollers.
However, with so many on the market, it is hard to know which models will give you the look you want. In this article, we will take the guesswork out of picking the best heated hair roller for you.
What to Look For When Choosing A Heated Hair Roller
One of the best attributes of a quality heated hair roller is its ability to create a curled voluminous look without great effort. When choosing a heated hair roller, it is best to look for a brand model that will accomplish this very end of giving the best volume while decreasing the effort of use
Many choose heated hair rollers because they offer a less damaging way to curl hair than a curling iron. Yet, heated hair rollers provide different amenities and quality. It is essential to know which model provides the best results while delivering the most damage protection.
Here are our picks for the top heated hair rollers on the market.
No products found.
Rating very high on our list, the BabylissPro Nano Titanium Roller offers both ease of use and excellent results. The case carries twelve rollers of varying sizes. Those different sizes are also a nice plus. Ergonomic clips help the ease of use to hold the curlers in place.
The titanium allows for an excellent even heat, which distributes the curls exactly where you want them. The curls last longer, and this product’s volume creating ability is well worth the slightly more expensive price tag.
- Multiple sized rollers
- Titanium heat transfer
- Ergonomic Clips
- Not travel friendly
- Slower warm-up time
- Ionic Conditioning for Less Frizz More Shine. Ceramic Technology
- 20 Velvety Rollers (¾ inch, 1”, 1¼ inch)
- 3 color coded clip and roller sizes.Clean unit with damp cloth only. No other maintenance is required.Do not wrap cord around...
With a whopping twenty roller case capacity, the Remington H5600H Conditioning Hair Setter offers one of the most extensive heated hair rolling sets available. The thermal wax core ensures long-lasting curls, and its ionic conditioning system lessens frizz.
Remington has thought of ease of use as well. Its color-coded clip system makes for easy application. The J Clip design also eliminates that dreaded creasing look. It is also easy on the budget as well.
- Color-coded sizing
- Less creasing
- Ionic conditioning system
- Lack of portability
- No place for clip storage
- Ceramic Flocked Hot Rollers for Voluminous Curls: Create long lasting, quick curls with these multi size hot rollers,...
- Easy to Use: These hot rollers have 2 times the flocking for heat protection and feature Ceramic infused Technology to...
- Full Set: Includes 20 flocked ceramic rollers in 3 roller sizes: 6 3/4"medium rollers, 6 1" large rollers and 8 1.25" extra...
With a twenty roller capacity and some unique technology, the Conair Express offers a quality product. It includes three different sizes of flocked ceramic rollers, which produce long-lasting curls. Also, the heated clips add a nice touch, extending the life of your curls.
Ensuring that there is no damage to your hair during application, Conair double flocked the curlers for extra protection. The design provides for the use of up to twelve curlers at once, allowing more choices in the number of curls.
- Excellent for medium length hair
- Quick warm-up time
- 3 differing roller sizes
- Clips are challenging
- Fewer choices for loose curls
- 30 Foam Rollers Included (6 Petite; 6 Small; 6 Medium; 6 Large & 6 Jumbo) for maximum styling versatility
- Dual voltage so you can plug in anywhere – great for traveling.
- BONUS storage bag for easy organization and transportation.
One of the most innovative hair heat rollers on the market, the Caruso C97953, provides its user with 30 foam rollers in five different sizes. Unlike other heated rollers, Caruso designed their system to distribute steam on a molecular level, which thoroughly infuses a hair shaft to produce beautiful curls.
The rollers are customized to create almost any hairstyle. The dual voltage system can be plugged in anywhere, making it great for travel. With its tiny molecules of steam, the Caruso is a great way to get the curls you want while protecting your hair.
- Thirty curlers available
- Great for traveling
- Stream distribution technology
- Can leave hair damp after use
- Rollers are plastic
- Creates dynamic and dimensional curls ranging from tiny and tight to big and bouncy
- Ceramic technology for fast heat up and even heat distribution
- Includes 4 roller sizes (4 jumbo 1 ¼ inch, 6 large 1 inch, 6 medium ¾ inch and 4 small ½ inch) plus 20 easy to use super...
Conair has long been at the forefront of hair products and technology, and with the InfinitiPro, it maintains its reputation. The InfinitiPro offers a twenty roller capacity with various sizes ranging from small to jumbo; it will provide you every style from tiny to long and flowing tight curls.
With excellent ceramic technology, rollers heat quickly and thoroughly in a lightning-fast eighty-five seconds, making it perfect for those with little time to spare. It also comes with a bonus Argan oil treatment to protect and nourish your hair while giving it that healthy sheen.
- Argan oil treatment included
- Smooth frizzy hair
- Heats quickly
- Clasp can leave roller marks
- Case is difficult to use
- Advanced ionic conditioning enhances manageability and adds frizz free shine
- Titanium ceramic flocked rollers feature butterfly clip to allow superior hold
- High/low/off variable temperature for various settings
For those who prefer long large flowing curls, the John Frieda Body and Shine Smooth Waves system is a great option. With an advanced ionic conditioning roller system, frizz is kept to a minimum while creating more manageability.
Ceramic flocked rollers with butterfly clips offer a superior hold. Designed with variable temperature control settings, the Body & Shine Smooth Waves system allows you to pick the best heat level for your hair.
- Very good at smoothing hair
- Excellent for long hair
- Variable control settings
- Does not provide tight curls
- Clips can leave indentations
- Fast Curl Setting That Lasts
- 20 Rollers (12 large, 8 medium)
- Dual Heating Technology = 5-Minute Curls
Coming in a twenty roller set, the Remington H9100S Hair Setter is an excellent choice for those who wish to set their curls between large and medium sizes. Offering twelve large and eight medium rollers, the dual heating technology will set your curls in five minutes.
The holder comes in a space-saving vertical design. The ceramic rollers are easy to handle and, at the same time, protect your hair from damage. The innovative heat roller set delivers shaping properties to both the inside and outside of the curl, providing long-lasting hold.
- Space-saving design
- Fast curl set time
- Comes in medium and large sizes
- Difficult to extract rollers from case
- Rollers stay hot for limited time
- Ceramic Hot Rollers For Voluminous Curls: The ceramic flocked jumbo and super jumbo rollers in this 12 piece hairsetter heat...
- Easy To Use: These rollers use Ceramic technology to provide consistently even heat transfer for long lasting curls; They...
- Full Set: Includes 12 ceramic flocked rollers of two different sizes; Four 1.75 inch super jumbo rollers and eight 1.5 inch...
In a blazing eighty-five seconds, the Conair Xtreme Instant Heat is ready for application. Both the roller and clips offer heat quickening application, and curl-setting. The ceramic jumbo rollers offer an even heat transfer, providing long-lasting hold while at the same time protecting your hair from damage.
The twenty-piece rolling set features two sizes, ranging from 1.5 inch to 1.75 inch rollers, satisfying those who want big curls and waves. The carrying case is both ergonomic and portable. The Conair Xtreme ceramic hot roller set is a fast, easy to apply, and wonderfully effective curling option.
- Clips are slip-resistant
- Excellent selection of small rollers
- Evenly heats for hair protection
- Cannot buy rollers separately
- Sometimes rollers can get excessively hot
Which One Should You Buy?
Everyone has individual needs when it comes to choosing a hair curling product. The differences come in the technology the product uses and how it fits a given lifestyle. Taking all the factors into account is the best method. Knowing your hair type, what style of curl you wish to have, and how often you want to utilize a heated roller set is imperative.
Our fav is BabylissPRO Nano Titanium Roller Hairsetter. Check the sizes of rollers that come in a set. Make sure it fits your needs. Take into consideration the amount of time it takes to apply and compare it to your lifestyle.
Finally, make sure the product is conducive to other items you may need when styling your hair. Once you address these concerns, you will make the best selection from our recommendations.