You might have seen videos and photos online of people with shape up haircuts with crisp hairlines; they are only possible with good quality shape up clippers.
Although the shape up haircut has been around for almost 5 years now, it has been getting trendier day by day. However, maintaining the shape up haircut means going to the salon every few weeks, which can get undoubtedly expensive.
With our recommendations for the best shape up clippers and with some skills, you won’t have to spend a dime at the salon for your beard and haircut!
Let’s dive into the main topic.
Best Shape Up Clippers to Buy
The best shape up hair clippers are reviewed below, which should help you choose the perfect clipper for you. Let’s get started.
1. Andis 32400 Slimline Pro Lithium-Ion T-blade Trimmer
- SELF-SHARPENING BLADES: It is essential for completing detailed work on hair, beards, and mustaches such as fading,...
- DURABLE: This cordless beard and hair trimmer for men has a long-lasting lithium-ion rechargeable battery that works with...
- QUALITY GIFT: Men's beard trimmers are an excellent personal present. For every occasion, dads, husbands, and lovers will...
Amongst cordless hair trimmers, this one is simply the best out there. With its lightweight of only 4.8 oz, you can easily go around cutting your hair without your arms getting weary. Additionally, the design is very sleek, so it will fit into your palms comfortably.
The battery of the Andis 32400 Slimline Pro is simply phenomenal. You do not have to worry about charging this thing because one charge of its strong lithium-ion battery will get you through a long time of usage.
One thing to note is that the blades are very sharp, which is a good and a bad thing because if you’re not careful you might cut yourself. This Pro trimmer is a great option for anyone looking for a convenient and efficient shape up clipper.
- Quite efficient, so you can be done with your haircut quickly
- Great battery life
- Sleek design for comfort
- Blades are too sharp
2. Andis 04603 Professional Outliner II Square Blade Trimmer
- CLIPPER: This 0mm bald hair clipper is great for close cutting, fading, clean and crisp lines, face and neck hair details,...
- HIGH-SPEED: The high-speed motor gives an excellent sharp performance with minimal noise for you and preserves long-term...
- GOOD QUALITY T-BLADE: Hair clippers have a self-sharpening quality stainless steel blade that is constantly sharpened,...
One of the most important things that a shape up trimmer must have is precision for the sharp hairlines, and the Andis 04603 does a great job at that. The electromagnetic motor cuts hair at an impressive 7200 SPM (strokes per minute), which is plenty of power.
With carbon-steel blades, this trimmer is also very sturdy, so for all of you with thick hair, this is a plus point.
This clipper is not only known for shape up haircuts but also for fades, beard trimming, and much more. You’ll also be getting a good hard plastic grip, and this trimmer isn’t heavy either at 0.7 lbs.
On top of everything, this product is amazing for dry shaving! All in all, this checks all the boxes for an excellent shape up clipper, so we highly recommend it.
- Very precise and can cut very close
- Great for dry shaving
- Tough and sharp carbon-steel blades
- The motor cuts hair at 7200 SPM
- Can get hot to touch sometimes, so can be uncomfortable
3. Wahl Stainless Steel Lithium Ion + Grooming Kit
- All In One Beard Trimmer - Includes 3 multipurpose attachments that are perfect for all facial hair and beard styles:...
- Self-sharpening precision blades - Includes patented technology for superior cutting for all hair types & lengths. The blades...
- Cordless Rechargeable - Beard trimmer for men is equipped with a long-running lithium-ion rechargeable battery that lasts up...
Although this trimmer was manufactured a while back, it still makes the list for its applaudable features, which have held it up through the years. Made of stainless steel, this product is surely durable.
To make things better, its lithium-ion battery can give you a battery life of over 6 hours better, and it also has a dual-voltage system.
You’ll be getting 4 different blades with the package so that you can do shape up haircuts along with fades, nose and ear trimming, and more. These blades are uniquely self-sharpening and are tough. Besides being designed in 2011, the Wahl stainless steel trimmer is the most perfect shape up clipper in the market in terms of build, performance, and versatility.
- Durable stainless-steel body
- 6 hours battery life and 1-minute quick charge option
- Multiple trimming blades and heads for versatility
- Lightweight and flexible to use
- Uncomfortable on/off switch
4. Wahl Professional 5-Star Detailer with Adjustable T Blade
- PROFESSIONAL PRECISION: Wahl's Professional 5 Star Detailer was designed to deliver the sharp performance that experts...
- STYLISH AND FUNCTIONAL: The Detailer is a compact trimmer that offers an appealing aesthetic in addition to top notch...
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: The 5 Star Detailer comes with all accessories required for professional barber use, the trimmer, 3...
This detailer is so tiny but holds a very powerful rotary motor, which makes it great for getting the details right for a shape up haircut. Known for its lightweight and compact design, this trimmer also comes with sharp and adjustable T blades, making it versatile.
It makes cutting hair very easy, thanks to this clipper’s size of only 5 inches. For better flexibility, the power cord is 8ft, which gives you plenty of moving space. Despite being of small size, it packs a lot of power and will certainly be up for the job.
- Very compact, light, and grippy for comfort
- Powerful rotary motor for extra precision
- Adjustable T blades provide versatility
- Long power cord
- Extremely noisy, which can be annoying
5. Andis 26700 Professional Styliner II Trimmer
- Powerful trimmer for outlining and final shaping. Motor: Type magnetic, strokes per minute 7200 spm, volts 120 V, frequency...
- Equipped with a close-cutting T-Blade for trimming necks, beards, mustaches, and edging around the ears
- Contoured housing with high-speed motor
Although the Andis 26700 styliner is not very new, it packs a powerful magnetic motor that is surprisingly quiet and also has stellar precision. This thing is durable, thanks to its carbon-steel blades, so you can be using this clipper for a long time.
You can get a perfect shape up haircut with this product in your hand because of its close cutting blade. It is also ideal for beard trimming, and the absolute best for dry shaving.
The size is quite compact, but it is not the lightest clipper on the market with a weight of 12.5 oz. If the main purpose of getting a clipper for you is getting shape up haircuts, then this is an excellent choice because its outlining precision is almost unmatchable.
- Powerful magnetic motor, which can cut through a large volume of hair
- Close cutting blade gives it great precision
- Sturdy carbon-steel blades for durability
- Compact design
- Grip is not comfortable
6. ANDIS Professional Barber Combo Set
Unlike all the other products in this list, this one is a combo set that includes a close-cutting Andis T-outliner trimmer and adjustable professional clippers. The powerful magnetic motors that these clippers have are great and will allow you to cut through any type of hair smoothly without making much noise.
A nice little feature this one has is a hanger loop on the side for convenience.
These are durable clippers with carbon-steel blades for extra longevity. You can cut through both dry or wet hair with these without involving any risks to your safety.
The price of this combo is a bit higher than the rest of the items, but you should keep in mind that you’ll be getting two clippers here, so overall the value is great. This combo is the best one for anyone looking for a fancy couple of clippers that can achieve the sharp lines of a shape up haircut.
- Sturdy design and heavy-duty carbon-steel blades
- Great value for money
- Powerful magnetic motor for smooth hair cutting
- Combo includes a close cutting blade, which gives great precision
- Clipper can get hot to touch during usage
Shape Up Clipper FAQs
Hair around the hairline is generally short, and manageable when dry. Therefore, a waterproof clipper is not necessary.
Yes, it is plenty of power, and a clipper with this kind of power can also cut through quite thick hair.
This largely depends on the company, but generally, attachments are provided in the package. All the shape up clippers mentioned in this article come with multiple attachments.
Finding the right clipper in today’s saturated market can be difficult, so we hope we could save you a lot of trouble and you found the right pick for you in our list of the best shape up clippers.