When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A clogged shower drain is the worse! And, if you have long hair, that very hair is likely the culprit. For just a few bucks, you can nip this problem in the bud. As a human, you’ll definitely lose some hair and a good shower drain catcher keeps your shower, tub, and sink drains free of hair.
Reduce the headaches of hair-clogged drains with this simple investment. Just make sure to select a model that’s compatible with your drain.
Best Shower Drain Hair Catchers
Here are the seven best shower drain hair catchers to keep your drains hair free in 2021.
- Unlike regular plugs that go over the drain, TubShroom fits inside, neatly collecting hair around it When it's time to...
- Our bathtub drain strainer fits any standard tub drain and is guaranteed to catch every hair, every time
- A single plumber visit can cost hundreds Drain snakes and liquid drain cleaners are a hassle to use and aren’t always...
According to TubShroom, their drain hair catcher is “guaranteed to catch every single hair, every single time you take a shower.”
While we can’t guarantee it catches every single hair, we can attest that it does a great job. The simple yet effective device efficiently traps hair no matter the length or type. Unlike most hair catchers that fit over the top of the drain, the TubShroom fits inside of it.
Not only does the in-drain design help the device catch more hair, but it also makes cleaning it out all the easier. Lost hair wraps around the base of the TubShroom. Just pull up, wipe off, and you’re all cleaned up.
The TubShroom was nominated as a 2018 KBB Product Award in 2021 as part of the Kitchen & Bath Business annual award show.
- Easy to Clean
- KBB Award Winner
- Fits All Standard Drains
- Catches the Most Hair
- No Exposed Hair
- Doesn’t Fit All Drains
- Can Have Difficulty Draining
- Catches hair without blocking water drainage and prevents toys from escaping down the drain
- Tall, dome shape accommodates both flat and pop up drains
- Drain protector is weighted to keep it in place
It’s a shower drain hair catchers job to prevent clogs and allow water to drain – not do anything fancy.
Despite its simple design, the OXO Silicone Drain Protector accomplishes this time after time again. The device sits on top of the drain opening to prevent hair and other objects from escaping into its murky depths.
What’s so great about this drain protector? We love that it’s weighted to stay in place, has an unassuming appearance, and can be used on both flat and pop-up drains without any prep work.
- Simple Design
- Weighted to Stay in Place
- Works With Flat and Pop-Up Drains
- Sits Flush With Shower Floor
- Durable Construction
- Better for Flat Drains
- Most Effective for Curly Hair
- The use of rust-proof stainless steel structure, suitable for the shower drain
- Design of elliptical holes, effectively grasp the hair, not blocking the drainage
- Intermediate semi-circle design allows smooth drainage
The LEKEYE Shower Drain Hair Catcher boasts a simple, minimalistic design that works best for flat drains.
The device sits on top of drains to catch hair with its elliptical holes. Although it accomplishes this with much success, it’s lightweight design can cause it to get kicked loose or otherwise dislodged.
Aside from this one small flaw, the LEKEYE Shower Drain Hair Catcher otherwise performs flawlessly. It catches loose hair with ease while still allowing water to drain through. The rust-proof stainless steel and silicone design mean it’s sure to last for years on end.
- Sits Flush
- Catches Hair Well
- Lets Water Drain Through
- Minimalist Design
- Only for Flat Drains
- Can Be Kicked Loose
- WHAT YOU NEED: On the search for an easy and practical solution to protect your shower drain against debris and hair? The...
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Our amazing drainer plug for kitchen and bathroom is made with thermoplastic rubber material that is durable...
- SLIP-PROOF DESIGN: To avoid all accidents, we have added 4 suction cups on the bottom of the flat silicone plug that prevent...
This square drain cover from Shurin is a little different than others on this list. Rather than sitting on top of the drain hole, this device covers the entirety of the drain.
It’s constructed from durable, long-lasting silicone. Four suction cups (one on each corner) help the drain cover stick to your shower or bathtub floor. Not only does this help it catch more hair and other debris, but it also prevents you from slipping on it.
The Shurin Square Drain Cover works for almost every shower drain, but it’s particularly effective on large square drains on flat shower floors. It’s capable of keeping hair out of these larger drain openings while other models on this list cannot.
- No-Slip Design
- Durable Construction
- Great for Large Square Drains
- Easy to Clean
- Best for Flat Floors
- Suction Cups Don’t Always Work
- 💛[Durable to Use] Made of flexible Thermo-Plastic-Rubber, anti-slip, characterized by resilience and abrasive resistance....
- 💛[Multiple Colors for Choice] 5 colors, with Grey, Blue, Green, Pink and Brown. Coloring your life. 5 items, convenient to...
- 💛[Easy to Remove and Install] Put the drain hair catcher in the corresponding sink. While removing, just grab the clump...
We like the Gotega Silicone Shower Drain Hair Stopper for its bright colors and great hair-stopping capabilities.
These drain hair stoppers are made from silicone for increased durability. The silicone build also prevents slipping and sliding when wet. The small, elliptical holes excel at stopping hair and other debris from entering your precious drains.
These Gotega Drain Covers are quite large (about 5 inches across), which makes them very versatile. You can use them in your shower, bathtub, or sink with equal hair-stopping results.
- No-Slip Design
- Easy to Remove
- Can Float Away in Bath Tub
- Doesn’t Sit Flat on Curved Surfaces
- Fits US standard Pop-up drain sizes for bath tubs: Know that this quality product will work nicely with your pop up stopper,...
- Easy clean up: Clean up is a breeze because it is designed so hair wipes easily off and won't snarl or mat.
- Excellent hydrodynamic design: Unlike other designs, this one won’t make a lake around your ankles during normal usage.
The Hairbine Drain Hair Catcher is one of our favorite hair catchers for bathtubs. It works seamlessly with standard US pop-up drains.
The best bathtub hair catchers require a slightly different design than their shower-stopping counterparts – and this Hairbine device delivers. It fits around the pop-up of your tub drain to capture hair and other debris without reducing the draining speed of the water.
In addition, this hair catcher works just as well if you’re showering in a tub. It drains quickly, so it doesn’t create a pool of water around your feet like much of its so-called competition.
- Works Well for Pop-Up Drains
- Great for Bathtubs
- Drains Quickly
- Doesn’t Work with Flat Drains
- Doesn’t Work with Pop-Up Drains Without Stopper
- Unlike mushroom-shaped plugs that go inside the drain, TubRing fits around a pop-up stopper, neatly collecting hair around...
- TubRing allows you to keep your pop-up stopper. It fits most standard pop-up drain stoppers such as Push-and-Pull,...
- A single plumber visit can cost hundreds to get a drain snaked professionally. Liquid drain cleaner is not a solution either....
Yet another one of the best drain hair catchers available now, the TubRing Drain Protector is most notable for its superior hair-stopping power.
Seriously though, this thing collects hair like nobody’s business, whether that hair is long, short, curly, or straight. Better yet, it’s easy to remove and cleanout.
The TubRing fits a wide variety of drain types, although it works best with pop-up drains rather than flat drains. As its name implies, this device is specifically designed for bathtubs rather than showers. It’s available in several eye-catching colors.
- Slot-Based Design
- Effectively Catches Hair
- Designed for Bath Tubs
- Easy to Clean
- Only for Bathtubs
- Sometimes Only Stops Hair on Floor Not Within Catcher
Hair-clogged drains aren’t only gross and annoying – they can also lead to costly plumbing repairs. Rather than gamble with the risk, invest in a good drain hair catcher to keep your shower, tub, and sink drinks free of hair and in good repair.
Although many good options are available, the above seven shower drain hair catchers are the best for 2021.