Are you having a bad hair day? Are you getting slapped in the face by your own hair on windy days? Are you tired of getting your hair out of your sticky sweaty face in the summer season? Not sure where to start? French Braid Headbands have always been the best savior to all of these similar problems. In addition to that triple functional aspect, they can be the intricate romantic accent you have been looking for to boost your hair styling skills. So, read on for further “How – to” tips and style inspirations and more if you want to end up with a hairstyle that can help you express yourself without using any words.
What Are French Braid Headbands?
Whether you are a beginner in the hairstyling department, or you are just too shy to ask about the popular French braid headbands hairstyle, it is exactly what it sounds like. Thus, it is basically when you french braid a front section of your hair and use it as a headband to keep your hair out of your face on a windy day or when your face is too sticky when humidity is unbearable.
Why Do You Need French Braid Headbands?
Maybe not every woman desperately needs the magical flair of french braids as headbands. However, our readers are definitely not just any women. You are special and you deserve to look and feel that way. Hence, you need to control it and thrive upon the information that we strongly recommend in order to bring out the beauty you have got stored inside of you. Because not only does this style works as a perfectly functional solution for keeping your hair out of your face. But also, it double tasks as a simple yet over cute hairstyle for just any type of event you are planning to attend. If you love to weave, try these french braid weave hairstyles.
How To Style It?
In hairstyle camp, we never intend to leave our readers hanging by a thread. So, whenever we present you with a new trendy hair design like the french braid headbands, we attempt to help you figure out every trick and detail in order to make this design happen. And since visual aids have been proven to be the most effective methods of learning something new, tutorial videos are just the thing you need. But before you go searching for your headphones and click play, make sure you have these following required tools in order to be fully equipped and prepared.
- Tooth Comb or rat’s tail to part the section you want to braid
- Elastic Band to secure the end of your french braid.
- Hair spray to make sure your hair’s life span lasts longer with minimum damages.
- Hair clip to isolate the rest of the hair that you don’t want to braid from the part that will be braided.
- Bobby pin instead of an elastic band if you want to pin the braid to your head instead of tying it.
Step By Step Easy and Detailed Procedure:
- Section out the part you want to braid using a rat’s tail comb from the hair roots and down to your neck.
- Clip away the rest of the hair that will be left loose.
- Separate the hair you sectioned out into three subsections to start the braiding process.
- Cross the side subsections over the middle strand one at a time.
- When repeating step number 4, bring in a section of hair from and add it to that strand.
- Cross the front subsection over the middle again.
- Bring in a new section and then cross it over the back subsection.
- Work your way through that routine until you end up with a cute french braid.
- Secure the tip of the braid with an elastic band.
- Wrap your braid around your head in the shape of a headband.
- Pin it with a bobby pin to fix it in place.
And voilà! Cute french braid headbands turned out to be not so hard after all!
So, if you felt like you needed more reassurance on the steps above until you nail this new trendy hairstyle, check out the youtube tutorial videos below. They are guaranteed to help guide you throughout the whole process.
DIY: Best Youtube Detailed Tutorial Videos That Can Actually Help You Up Your Braiding Game
This video offers you a basic tutorial on how to french braid in case you are a newbie to the hair styling domain. There’s nothing better that says “Welcome to the hairstyle world!” better than a helpful tutorial video to get you started.
Now that you have already covered the basic french braid, this video offers you a sneak peek of 4 gorgeous headband styles to go with every event you might be attending.
Quick Tip: Pull on the sides of the braid once you are done braiding if you want it to look more voluminous and enriched.
The Secret Behind The Success Of French Braided Headband Styles
Probably what makes this style so successful is that it has a plethora of advantages that are highly evident.
- It is versatile. Because with every type of braid comes an infinity of possibilities that can be managed.
- It is comfortable. You can wear it to gym work outs to keep your hair from falling into your face.
- It is quick. Whenever you are late and you find yourself rushing out the door, this style will literally take a minute or two and make you look fabulous.
- Can be worn for both casual and formal events ranging from everyday outfits to formal business dinners.
- Works for whatever hair length you might have except for pixie cuts (obviously).
Top 5 French Braid Headbands To Inspire You
By now you probably are rushing to get your hands on this drop dead gorgeous style. But you hit a bump along the way because deciding on the style that perfectly matches your outfit and reflects your personality might be an even bigger nightmare than learning the braiding procedure. However, we are always here to rescue you whenever you are in need of aid! Therefore, we have narrowed it down to the best 5 french braid headbands you might ever come across. So, instead of endless internet search, here are the best of the best for you to enjoy!
#1. Boho Chic Updo
Loose locks, french braid headbands, a cute pair of earrings, and chic updos create a crown silhouette that can work wonders when it comes to dressing up for an elegant event. And don’t worry about the messy free locks because they can add a romantic touch to the mix.
Quick Tip: Bigger knots for a braid can make it more visible and help you stand out in the crowd.