Dutch braids are gaining popularity and the ability to make them can become a wonderful weapon in your hair styling arsenal. They might seem hard to do at first, but once you get some experience you can make them even without a mirror.
The main advantage of Dutch braid hairstyle is that you don’t need any special accessories to make it. All you have to get is a brush, two elastic bands, and a mirror (which is optional). Once you learn how to make the classic Dutch braids, you can go on to create more complicated braid hairstyles.
Previously girls were crazy about the French braid or fishtail braid but the upcoming trend is of Dutch Braid. It is the reverse of the French braid and quite easy to make once you understand the difference between the Dutch braid and the French braid. The Dutch braid is basically an inside-out style and looks detachable at first sight.
Who Invented Dutch Braid
Dutch braids are one of the braid styles that are commonly called cornrows. The history of Dutch braids can be traced back to the stone age and too many regions as well. It has been depicted in the stone age paintings found in Tassili Plateau of Sahara.
Those paintings date back to 3000 B.C. The tradition of wearing Dutch Braids relates to Africa as well as West Asia. Their historic evidence can be found in Greek and Roman art as well as in Celtic traditions as well.
How to Style A Beautiful Dutch Braid Hairstyle
Dutch braid, the stylish braid which is a three-stranded braid comprising of two sections from sides and one middles section. While weaving this trendy braid, the middles section overlaps over the side section giving an inverted braid look. The Dutch braids are closely aligned over the scalp.
Dutch braid looks somewhat difficult but it is very easy to create. One can make it in a short time after some practice. In order to make Dutch braid one has to follow these simple steps:
- Pick up the hair section from the top of the head.
- After that divide section in three equal strands.
- Now cross the right strand under the central strand and cross the left strand also in the middle strand.
- The next step is the addition of hair to the strand already in hand before crossing to the middle of the braid.
- The step is repeated with the left strand.
- Continue to add hair on stand till the all hair are covered.
- In the end, tie up the braid with a ponytail.
- As the Dutch braid is in an intertwining process, the three stands from the base of the braid.
How to Style A Double Dutch Braid Hairstyle
The double Dutch braid is an excellent choice for girls who do yoga and exercise as the hair are properly tied and do not cause disturbance during the workout. Making a double Dutch braid is easy. It is firm and no hair is left out of the strand. It can be made by following way.
- The first step is to equally divide the hair into two parts and properly comb to make them straight and tangle free. To half the hair equally, the best way is to take the comb directly from the nose to the center portion of the head. This will easily divide your hair into two strands equally. After making portions, clip one section of the hair with the pin or catcher so that it may not tangle the other side while you’re making the braid on other sections.
- It is good to apply some gel, mouse or spray before starting so that the braid remains firm. After that, divide the section further into three parts and start making the Dutch Braid in a similar manner as the straight normal Dutch braid is made. Complete the braid and secure it with the rubber band or elastic.
- Repeat the same procedure for the other section to get a complete look of the double Dutch braid.
Styling With A Dutch Braid Headband
It is a superb and fantastic type of Dutch French braid headband hairstyle that looks fascinating. Young girls love to weave the braid for different occasions. To make this style a girl has to follow these guidelines.
- As all the hair do not tend to braid, first of all, it is good to give light curls to the hair. Use the hair curler to get loose curls and make them somewhat wavy.
- After that, take a section of hair from the forehead side and divide it into three strands.
- Cross the strand with the middle strand in a similar fashion like for the normal Dutch braid.
- It is good to lose the braid so that it gives off a thick appearance.
- After that wrap that braids on the back of the head and join it with the pins or small clips.
Dutch braids are easy to make and with a little practice, you can make them in different styles. They are not difficult to make and you only need to alter the technique to get this look.
Best Dutch Braid Hairstyles
Dutch braids look terrific no matter what type of hair you have. Your locks must be medium or long, thick or thin, natural or dyed. This hairstyle allows you to keep your long hair neat while sporting a fashionable hairstyle.
Knowing how to braid your hair is a great skill that can help you always keep the locks neat. We collected 41 various dutch braiding styles that will help you understand how amazing this hairstyle truly is.
Letting your braids hang on the sides of your head is a casual style. If you are looking for something more formal start by braiding your hair from the top and connect the two braids at your neck.
2. Ghana braids
Ghana braids somewhat resemble the Dutch braids but they require hair extensions to create. You can add a braid in the middle to create the most appealing Ghana braids, while their Dutch counterparts require only two sections.
A dutch braiding technique doesn’t require you to make full braids. You can braid your hair on your head and then tie it with an elastic band to allow the rest of the locks to look like ponytails. This will save you some time.
4. Elsa Braids
The bottom part of your Dutch hairstyle can vary depending on your preferences. Any braid is a wonderful opportunity to attach hair extensions in the most natural way. Add some hair to the bottom part and sport a voluminous hairstyle.
You can start creating your Dutch braids near the forehead. This is a great style for girls who have thin hair. The more braiding you do on top of your head, the easier you can draw the attention away from the thin braids.