Boy’s faux hawk hairstyle has been in fashion since 2000. Faux hawk is one of the trendy, popular and sharp or pointed hairstyle for boys. It generally refers to the word fake hawk because it is just like Mohawk hairstyle but there is a slight difference between these two haircuts.
Mohawk includes the completely shaved sides of a head but in case of faux hawk hairstyle, the sides are just faded and not shaved off completely. As compared to Mohawk, boy’s faux hawk can be wear at any event.
How to Style Faux Hawk on Boys Hair
This hairstyle includes the following steps –
- Wash your hair thoroughly and dry with the help of a towel. (Don’t blow dry your hair to avoid the rough look but if you have short hair then you can blow dry to give them a volume.)
- Apply any hair styling product such as hair wax, gel or good quality pomade.
- Make spikes of the hair on the top of the head with the help of hands
- Slightly comb the spike downward to make it look different from Mohawk
- Flat your hairs on the sides of the head to give it a tamed look
- Now use hairspray to fix the style
That’s it, you are done.
Watch The Following Video about DIY Faux Hawk Hairstyle for Boys
Most Popular Faux Hawk Hairstyle for Boys
Faux hawk is a versatile boys hairstyle. Here we will discuss some of the types of faux hawk haircuts and styles for boys through whom you can get a bundle of ideas and inspiration.
1. Faded Faux Hawk with Line Part
If you are looking for the classic hairstyle for an event, then this boy’s faux hawk will be most appropriate. In this haircut, the sides and back of the head are trimmed slightly to give it a faded look. The top of the head is separated from the sides with a clean, obvious part/line as shown in the image.
2. Spiky Faux Hawk with a Bald Fade
It is a combination of spikes of the top hair and low bald fade sides of the head. The spikes are little pointed as shown in the image above.
3. Textured and Tapered Faux hawk
This hairstyle depends upon the thickness of hair. It is the most stylish and cool faux hawk. The sides of the head are blended with the faux hawk. You can highlight the tapers from the sides and middle-low sides as shown in the image.
4. Curly Faux Hawk
This faux hawk hairstyle for boys suits who have curly or wavy hair. You can use pomade or a good quality gel to fix your curls.
5. Undercut Faux Hawk for Boys
The top hair is long and a little bit messy. The sides are faded slightly. The top is disconnected from the sides as shown in the picture.
6. Shaggy Boy’s Faux Hawk
It is a messy boy’s faux hawk and perfect for those boys who like a messy look of their hair.
7. Rat-Tail Boy’s Faux Hawk
It is the trendy hairstyle for the funky or sports boys. It is a combo of rat tail and slightly short faux hawk. The rat tail adds an extra cool and fun factor to the personality of boys.