Wet hair look has been popular for decades and it doesn’t seem to be going out of style anytime soon. Both men and women are after getting a wet hair look without damaging their hair too much.
Be it a stylish undercut, a comb over, a wet beach look or just a spontaneous wet hairstyle, you want the beauty to last all day long without fail. The worst thing that can happen is half of your hairstyle starting to look dry and messy while the other one stays wet and beautiful.
Things You Need For Doing Wet Hair Look
Hair gel (non-sticky) or Cream (for volume) – you can also use a blend of hair gel and oil.
Hairspray – for sealing the look when finished.
Wide-toothed comb – this helps to disperse the products throughout your hair. If you want to slick your hair back for a sleeker style, use a fine-tooth comb.
Let’s Get The Attractive Wet Hair Look…
There is a good variety of ways to help your hair stay on top of its game when wet. By using one of them, you can forget about worrying.
Whatever special occasion you have coming up, you can use one of these methods to stay stylish all day long. If you hate touch-ups or just can’t remember to do them on time, you need a sure way to keep your mane looking stunning no matter how much initial effort it might take.
We collected a few effective methods to get your hair look wet that last the whole day. In case you are a teenager, we recommend these short haircuts.
Leave-in Deep Conditioning
Sounds strange? It might be! But it’s one of the few damage-free ways to keep your hair looking naturally wet all day long. It’s so simple, it’s staggering.
Looking fresh out of the shower is usually hard when applying too much greasy and oilн gel and other hair styling stuff. You don’t even have to wash your hair to get this look to last.
- Spray your hair with water to make it slightly damp. You can wet your hands and run it through your hair to get the desired effect.
- Apply a deep conditioning protein treatment to your hair and use the comb to spread it evenly through your hair.
- Voila! You are ready to go out and sport the wet look all day long.
The big benefit of this method is that you are nourishing your hair while sporting a wet look.
In most cases, you have to settle for a certain hair product to keep your hair looking wet all day long. If you want a polished look movie stars sport, you can go for a hair-defining pomade to help you keep the look intact.
- Wash your hair or make it damp by running wet fingers through it. If you wash the hair, towel dry it.
- Brush your hair thoroughly to eliminate any knots or bumps.
- Take a hair-defining pomade (you might need to use trial and error method to find the one that suits your hair the best) and spread it on your hands.
- Distribute the pomade through the hair as evenly as possible.
- Make a ponytail to allow the wet look to last longer.
- Use a shine mist to spritz the hair after the hairstyle is ready
You can experiment with a variety of hairstyles, such as a messy bun or a French twist.
Dirty and Beautiful
Did you know that dirty hair is a perfect base for the wet hair look? That’s why it’s not recommended to wash the hair before styling it. Since it needs to be damp, spritz it with water or run wet hair through the locks.
- Make your hair damp any way you like, just don’t wash it with shampoo. Greasy locks are great for your needs
- Take a conditioning mousse or a soft gel and run it through your locks. In order to get all the hair covered, divide it into four horizontal sections and proceed to apply the product to each one separately. Work the mousse or gel in from the roots to the ends.
- When you are finger combing the product into your locks, do some slight scrunching of each section. Try not to overdo it or you might make the product dry out in the process. As a result, the hair won’t look as wet.
- Allow the product to settle in for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Before going out the door, pull the strands slightly apart to add your locks some soft texture. Scrunch it a little bit as the last touch.
Fast and Simple
Since most of the time, you can’t avoid using hair products to get your hair to look wet, don’t try to save it. Use as much as possible to achieve the desired look. Be ready to use a lot.
- Take a shower and squeeze your hair out (you can use this method on dirty hair as well by making it damp as described in the previous methods).
- Wring out all the excess moisture to make sure the products stay put.
- Use a serum or coconut oil to coat the ends of your hair.
- Use flake-free gel to coat the rest of your locks
- Apply the gel to your hands and finger comb your hair until the gel is evenly spread.
- Use a wide-tooth comb to run through your hair. It will make sure that each strand is covered by the gel.
- You can either leave your hair down or create a braid or low double plaits.
- Spritz the hair with a shine mist if you wish to make the hairstyle more glamorous.
Tips for Getting Wet Hair Look
Apply a hair gel or cream starting at the roots and working your way toward the bottom.
Medium and Long Hair:
Start at the roots and disperse the hair gel or cream from the roots to about halfway down the hair.
Straight and Fine Hair:
Since your goal is more volume, concentrate your product at the roots and work it in to just halfway down the mane.
Instead of hair gel,use hair cream. This will prevent crunchy or stiff hair. Work the product in from roots to ends.
In 2023, the look is a little drier, but the waves still clump. Try washing and conditioning your hair, then applying a curl definer and allowing your hair to dry.
This style looks best on wavy hair that’s not too thin. You shouldn’t be able to see your scalp with a wet look.
If you’re going for a curl definer, here are the best for a wavy hair wet look:
● Living Proof Curl Definer
● Paul Mitchell Curls Turn Around
● Not Your Mother’s Curl Talk Defining Cream
● AG Hair Curl Fresh Definer
● Mixed Chicks Curl Sculptor
● Design Essentials Coconut and Monoi Gellee
● Deva Curl Wave Maker Lightweight Moisturizing Definer
Yes, you can. It’s long-lasting.
The products usually rub off while you sleep, so the wet look can last one day at the most without your hair frizzing up.
Curly hair can give a natural wet look when you use curl definers. To avoid them, you can re-curl your hair using rollers or heat.
You can cut some short side-swept bangs like Kim Kardashian and curl them to produce waves. This makes the wet look a more sophisticated style.
You can, but it won’t last all day. Mousse dries too quickly to give an all-day look.
Yes, but your locks will be stiff because gel dries hard.
A wet look on natural hair or curls is usually called a wash n’go. With this style, a generous amount of leave-in conditioner is raked into wet hair first to moisturize the hair.
Then the gel is finger-combed into the hair to help form the curls. The gel will also lock in the style as it dries.
Curly hair gives a natural wet look, just by using a curl definer on your hair when it’s wet.
Now you have all it takes to create a beautiful wet long to last all day long. Even if you are using the first damage-free method, we still wouldn’t recommend using it on a daily basis. Give your hair some rest before creating the wet look again. It will say thank you.