Justin Bieber is one of the hottest pop stars with creative hairstyles. With songs like “Baby,” “Sorry,” ‘What Do You Mean‘ and ‘Love Yourself‘ among the most popular radio hits, it’s clear how influential his music has been to this generation. The Canadian native has changed his look drastically over the years, from bowl cuts to locs and tapered hairstyles.
evolution of Justin Bieber’s Hairstyles over the years
- Justin Bieber debuts with a swoop hairstyle, featured prominently in his “One Time” music video.
- The swoop evolves into a longer, shaggier look, showcased during the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards.
- Bieber opts for a shorter, spiky haircut, seen in the “Boyfriend” music video.
- The spiky cut transitions into a slicked-back style, as displayed at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival.
- Justin Bieber then experiments with a platinum blonde dye, unveiled during the 2015 American Music Awards.
- The platinum blonde hair transforms into a messy, longer style, noticeable in the “What Do You Mean?” music video.
- Bieber grows his hair out, unveiling a wavy, shoulder-length hairstyle during his 2018 engagement to Hailey Baldwin.
- The hair then cut into a shaggy, unkempt look, featured in the “Yummy” music video.
- Bieber surprises fans with dreadlocks, seen in an Instagram post in April 2021.
- The dreadlocks are removed, and Bieber sports a short, neat haircut at the 2021 Met Gala.
- The dreads are cut into a shorter, textured style as seen during his “Ghost” music video.
- The same look was seen during the 2022 Grammy Awards.
- Justin Bieber has been sick of the Ramsay hunt syndrome and adopted a simple buzz cut in 2023.
Justin Bieber Hairstyles
While Justin Bieber’s haircuts have varied, it’s safe to say that now that he’s getting older, he’s sporting more mature, sexy haircuts. Here are 12 of our favorite Justin Bieber haircuts and hairstyles you need to see:
1. Slick Back
Justin Bieber was seen with this hairstyle in March 2015. The top of the head is remained long and brushed back to create texture, while the sides are left to hang freely. To complete the look, Justin Bieber adds a light mustache as an extra detail.
2. Bleached-blonde Dreadlocks
In April 2016, Justin Bieber came out with a striking look with a bleached blonde, medium-length dreadlocks hairstyle that reached almost to his ears. On the front of his head, Bieber had a long fringe of dreadlocks, which is a unique style choice for a white man.
3. Messy Side Part + Sweep Over
Justin Bieber sported a classic hairstyle in 2019 with a messy side part and an upward-angled sweep-over matched with sideburns. His hair was styled with some product for a slightly messy but still polished look. The side part helps to create the perfect balance between a casual and a formal style, making it the perfect go-to hairstyle for any occasion.
4. Long Carefree Hair
Justin Bieber’s modern long locks find the perfect partner in the timeless, classic winter cap. Not only does this accessory keep his hair out of his eyes, but it also makes a fashionable and stylish look.
5. Blonde Sweep Back
The look is characterized by cutting the sides short and the top being left longer while it is swept back. It is the perfect way to add a touch of edginess to any look. Additionally, the sideburns offer a subtle hint of attitude to his overall look. And the longer length of the top helps to give a greater sense of depth and fuller look.
6. Justin Bieber’s Baby Bowl Haircut
Of course, we had to start with Bieber’s bowl cut from back in his “Baby” debut. Hilariously enough, he’s one of the only ones who has pulled off a bowl cut successfully without looking absolutely ridiculous. I’d count that as an achievement all by itself.
7. The Dapper
This Justin Bieber haircut gave Bieber an innocent, “ready for my dad’s wedding”-type feel. While this isn’t a style that he has rocked on occasion, we love how well he pulled it off and dapper he looked.
8. Teenage Taper Cut
As Biebs got older, he decided to ditch the bowl cut and try a more sophisticated tapered style. This tapered cut is one of our favorites, featuring wonderful layers and highlights that really set the look apart.
9. Edgy Taper
This man looks good in tapered cuts because he is slowly finding styles that show off his unique features. This tapered cut is shorter than his last, and features a buzz cut around the perimeter of the head, giving Beiber’s new haircut a more edgy look.
10. Tapered Blonde Hairstyle
Bieber goes blonde in this next tapered style, featuring a unique coif and side part. This tapered style fits the description of “classic,” but it still has a lot of swag.
11. The name’s Bond. Biebs Bond
This Justin Bieber hairstyle is a short taper that really highlights his chiseled jawline. Although this isn’t the first, and most likely won’t be the last, this is definitely our favorite Justin Bieber haircut of all time.
12. Bieber’s New Sexy Long Taper Hairstyle
Justin Bieber’s new haircut features a tapered cut with a lengthy crown. This gives him a plethora of styling options for this cut as opposed to all of his others. He’s been seen with the crown slicked back, locked, and even cornrowed.
Since there is no end in sight to Bieber’s career so far, there’s a chance we’ll see more cool hairstyles from Justin Bieber in the years to come.