When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If you’re looking for an effective hair loss solution, laser caps would be the last option that you’ll have. After all, who will think that wearing a cap can help with hair growth when there’s a famous myth that states that wearing caps may promote baldness?
Well, there are actually two reasons why a laser cap for hair loss may be an excellent option for you. For one, the cap and baldness myth has been proven wrong many times already. Additionally, laser therapy is one of the most effective hair loss solutions that we can get our hands on today.
Continue reading this article to know more about this therapy!
How Does Laser Cap for Hair Loss Work?
A laser cap looks like your usual baseball-style cap or any type of cap. What makes it different is its insides are lined with true laser diodes designed to emit red laser light beams at a wavelength of 630 to 670 nanometer.
This entire process is known as Low-level Light Therapy. With common hair loss conditions like androgenic alopecia, there is a disruption in the hair growth process which results in inactive hair follicles. What this therapy does is it uses red light to target the specialized cells in the hair follicles, giving them enough energy for restoration and growth so they can be awakened from their inactivity.
The Best Laser Caps for Hair Loss
Here are some of the best laser caps for hair loss that you can find in the market today:
1. iRestore Laser Hair Growth System Cap – Best Value
The iRestore Laser Hair Growth System Cap is one of the most popular laser caps out there, and it’s all because the FDA has cleared it as a medical device that you can use for treating different types of hair loss issue.
The cap uses 51-medical grade lasers and LEDs to deliver red light with a wavelength of 650 nanometers. According to the company, it will give you visible results within 3 to 6 months if used for 25 minutes every other day.
During the 1st two months, you’ll experience shedding of weak and thin hairs. The next two months, hair loss will slow down. During the 3rd and 4th month, it’s expected that hair loss will completely stop. 5th month and onwards, you’re most likely to experience maximum hair growth.
All of these claims are not in vain as the company’s research study in 2021 showed that 100% of the users, both male and female, experienced an increase of around 43.23% in their hair count.
- It comes with a 6-month moneyback guarantee.
- The cap is developed on GMP-certified facilities.
- It’s lightweight and durable.
- The cap is designed for hands-free operation, so it’s easy to use.
- It comes with a controller with a clear timer display, start and pause button.
- It takes too long to charge.
- The cap may cause scalp itchiness.
- It looks more like a helmet than a cap.
iRestore Laser Hair Growth System - FDA Cleared Hair Loss Treatments - Hair...
- iRestore Laser Hair Growth System is a FDA-cleared hair loss treatment and medical device for treating alopecia, receding...
- 6-Month 100% Money Back Guarantee – Users can expect to see visible hair improvement in as little as 3 to 6 months (results...
- iRestore has been clinically studied by doctors and been proven to promote hair regrowth for men and women in a recent 2017...
2. CapillusUltra Mobile Laser Therapy Cap – Most Comfortable Laser Cap
At first glance, you’ll never think that this CapillusUltra Laser Therapy Cap emits red light on the inside. This is because it looks every inch like your normal baseball cap!
Despite its regular appearance, this therapy cap is most probably one of the most powerful laser therapy caps available today as it has 82 laser diodes that can deliver a total energy output of 410 mw.
Because of the amount of energy that it gives, you only need to use the cap for 6 minutes daily!
- It uses only laser technology—no LED lights!
- The cap uses a technology that’s FDA-cleared.
- The cap has a flexible-fitting design for your ultimate comfort.
- With its design, this can also double as a regular cap so that you can enjoy your therapy session on the go.
- No moneyback guarantee.
- No clinical trials.
- IF HAIR LOSS RUNS IN YOUR FAMILY, the CapillusUltra (formerly known as the Capillus82) laser hair growth therapy cap may be...
- CLINICALLY-PROVEN TECHNOLOGY & FDA CLEARED, Capillus is as a safe and effective treatment for hereditary hair loss...
- MAXIMUM COVERAGE JUST 6 MINUTES EVERY DAY. With 410 mW total energy output, comfortably treat your scalp with the flexible...
3. illumiflow Hair Regrowth Laser Cap – Best for Maximum Coverage
The IllumiFlow laser cap seems to be the most unassuming laser cap in this list, but it offers the maximum full scalp coverage, thanks to its 272 laser diodes. Each of which is calibrated to deliver light with a wavelength of 650 nanometers.
Because of its maximum coverage and right wavelength, you can use this cap for 30 minutes only 3 times per week!
While the laser cap itself looks more like a swimmer’s cap and may not be suitable for use outdoors, you’ll be happy to know that it comes with an all-black regular-looking privacy cap so you can use it on the go.
Other accessories included in the set are battery pack, battery pack case, AC adapter, extension cord, and headband.
- It comes with an industry-leading warranty of 5 years!
- The cap can last for up to 20,000 treatment sessions.
- This already comes pre-connected so you can use it right away!
- The set already includes an elastic headband so you can fix your hair neatly.
- For your protection, the cap has a 30-minute automatic shutoff feature with an audible beeping sound.
- This is expensive.
- The battery doesn’t last long.
- You need to use it for 30 minutes which most people find to be too long.
- Original - illumiflow Laser Cap is The Original OTC (Over-the-Counter) Solution for Men & Women, safe & effective use in the...
- Safe - This product is continually tested to comply with performance and safety regulations.
- Clinically Proven Tech - Proven out by decades of research and literally thousands of clinical studies, LLLT is right for you...
4. Theradome PRO Laser Hair Growth Helmet – Best Cordless Laser Cap to Fight Hair Loss
The Theradome PRO Laser Hair Growth Helmet is known to be the only cordless laser cap in the market today. Because it doesn’t come with a cord, you’ll have the freedom to move around comfortably and with no limitations. This design makes it the perfect option for people who are always on the go.
That’s not all. The cap about 80 proprietary lasers that deliver low light laser with a wavelength of 680 nanometers. It uses only cool laser phototherapy—no LEDs—to achieve the best results. To boost hair growth, it’s recommended that you use this cap 20 minutes only twice per week!
In addition to its cordless design, this cap is considered to be the most advanced of them all as it comes with voice commands and a one-touch activation system.
- This is covered by a 6-month 100% moneyback guarantee.
- The rechargeable battery can last for up to 18000 treatment sessions.
- With its soft rubber pegs and comfortable pads, this cap will fit your head nicely and comfortably.
- The charging process is also cordless!
- The cap has a one-size-fits-all design.
- It has a helmet design so you can’t use it outside.
- The price is a bit high.
- THE ONLY CORDLESS LASER HELMET: This convenient feature provides freedom of mobility while undergoing your treatment. There...
- FDA CLEARED FOR MEN AND WOMEN: Theradome PRO LH80 is an uniquely FDA cleared laser hair growth treatment for both men and...
- THERADOME ONLY USES LASERS FOR BEST RESULTS: Theradome’s inventor is a former NASA scientist, with a PhD in Biomedical...
5. HairMax RegrowMD Laser Hair Growth Cap – Best Lightweight Laser Cap
The HairMax RegrowMD Laser Hair Growth Cap is another clinically proven laser cap. According to studies, this shows a 90% success rate and can deliver an increase in hair count of an average of 129 per square inch.
It has 272 medical-grade lasers that can deliver a total power output of 1360 mW. It’s recommended that you use this cap for 30 minutes, 3 days a week.
What makes this laser cap unit is it comes with an exclusive Bio-Light comfort design which delivers laser light through calibrated openings. The openings are designed to give an unobstructed flow of light to the hair follicles.
- It comes with a flexible insert to ensure a comfortable fit.
- The cap has openings to facilitate the direct flow of light to your hair.
- It has a beeping timer feature.
- The cap uses medical-grade lasers—no LED.
- A 6-month moneyback guarantee covers this.
- The size of the cap is a bit small for others.
- The hard cap design is not comfortable to the head.
- 6-MONTH MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: RegrowMD utilizes Clinically Proven laser hair growth technology with over 90% success rate. If...
- FDA CLEARED: Clinically proven technology and FDA Cleared for men and women. The laser phototherapy like that provided by...
- FAST TREATMENT: Recommended treatment time is just 30 minutes, 3 times weekly (every other day). Note: The RegrowMD LaserCap...
6. iGrow Laser Hair Growth Helmet – Most Affordable Laser Cap for Hair Loss
Despite having the lowest price among all the caps in this list, the iGrow Laser Hair Growth Helmet is clinically proven to be safe and effective. As per the results of two clinical trials, users can experience around 35 to 37 increase in hair count within 16 weeks!
The laser cap achieves this through the use of a combination of red laser and LED light diodes.
The design of this laser cap may seem weird as compared to the designs of other laser caps because of its headphones, but these are actually designed for full scalp coverage.
- This is FDA 501 cleared, proving that it’s safe and effective.
- You just need to use it for 25 minutes.
- This is designed for all types of hair.
- It’s dual voltage so you can use it when you’re traveling.
- No rechargeable batteries needed.
- You need to use this daily.
- You need an electrical outlet to use this.
- LOW LEVEL LASER TREATMENTS: iGrow is one of few products and solutions that use highly effective LLLT stimulating light...
- CLINICALLY TESTED, FDA CLEARED: In 2 separate, published peer-reviewed clinical studies, iGrow increased hair count by 35% in...
- FOR BEST RESULTS: 4 adjustable columns, rotating weight distribution, customizable headphones and aux hookups for full scalp...
Laser cap has become quite popular these days as a solution for hair loss and plenty of good reasons! Aside from being clinically proven to be safe and effective, these caps are now readily accessible. Unfortunately, the wide selection that you’ll find in the market will leave you confused.
Fortunately, we already have a recommendation for you. For this roundup of the best laser caps for hair loss, our vote is the iRestore Laser Hair Growth System Cap. We chose this because it’s been FDA-cleared and clinically proven. It also uses medical-grade lasers even though it’s sold at an affordable price!
See What’s Selling Hot: