Inspired by the legendary Cleopatra, we introduce the bob box braids as the next big trending thing in the hairstyling world. In addition to being a protective style for your natural hair, they can be a solution for girls with shorter hair who wish to flaunt exceptional designs.
They are the retro-chic design that works with any kind of upcoming event. So, with the help of these tips and tricks below you will be able to master a whole new level of ” drop-dead gorgeous.”
DIY: How To Make Your Own Bob Box Braids
Are you low on a budget to afford a trip to a professional hairstylist? Do you like to learn new skills and techniques to spice up your looks? With our tutorial section, we guarantee you to turn from a beginner to pro in a matter of minutes!
- Hair Clips.
- Rubber bands
- Hair Brush
Steps To Follow
- Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner because you need moisturized and damp hair to work better with braids.
- Brush your hair to avoid any tangles.
- Section your hair lock into 4 subsections and use clips to hold each section while working.
- Make sure all the strands are of almost the same size and length.
- Take a really tiny pinch of hair aside and then braid the entire section from top to bottom.
- Secure the tips of each braid with an elastic band for a firm hold and longer life span.
- Take three of the pinches of hair you put aside and cross over the left one under the middle one. Then do the same thing with the right pinch. Consequently, you’ll get a box braid.
How to Style Bob Box Braids
When hairstyles get complicated and seem too hard to accomplish, visual aids can come in handy! So, if you are having a hard time shaping your box braids here’s a youtube video tutorial to guide you throughout the whole process.
So, to sum up in 5 simple steps:
- Pick the desired length. You can choose from chin length, shoulder-length, layered, in between, pixie etc …
- Decide the thickness of each braid. Thicker is better when it comes to boxing braids because they stand out easily and offer more volume.
- Choose one of the top box braid styles below to be on the right track.
- Try different colors to spice up your designs and grab attention.
- Accessorize by adorning your hair with flashy and twinkly hair clips or cute floral bands.
Bob Box Braids
Even though the possibilities of bob box braids are endless, there will always be the top 35 designs that will guarantee you come out as cute as ever. So, instead of spending endless hours surfing the internet for the top-notch choices, check out our digital catalog below and copy whatever design you think suits you most!
1. Box Braided Lob
Many women traditionally wear their box braids long and past the shoulders, but this center-parted lob is adorable and maintainable. The platinum color gives it a nice bright pop.
2. Medium Bob with Box Braids
Medium bobs flatter women with oval faces. A light caramel beautifully complements black hair and a silver bead on a section of hair near the face is a super pretty detail.
3. Short Bob + Box Braids
The shorter your hair is, like this bob that stops at the jawline, the more likely it is that you’ll have a curl at the ends. Accentuate them by adding small beads to the ends.
4. Jumbo Box Braids Bob
Want your hair to look thick? Go for jumbo box braids! They’re thick and more noticeable, especially when you add colorful string or beads in silver or gold.
5. Bob Box Braids with Curly Ends
To get the curly ends shown on this bob, ask your stylist for box braids and to stop when about an inch from the ends. A heavy part will give you nice volume.
6. Chunky Box Braided Bob
When you’re heading out in the evening, pull the top half of your bob into this cute updo. A bun or ponytail will give you a super chic look.
7. Crochet Box Braids Bob
If you hair isn’t naturally curly and you’re trying to grow it out, crochet box braids are a great style for the meantime. The braids mixed with curly hair is very feminine.
8. Bob + Burgundy Box Braids
Burgundy is one color that really flatters dark skin. Add the color to a box braided bob and finish the look with gold beads that will stand out against it.
9. Blonde Box Braided Bob
This blonde bob with box braids is not a common style, which is perfect for the woman who wants to be unique! Make the style playful by securing each braid with a light blue elastic.
10. Box Braided Ombre Bob
Want to add color to your hairstyle? A soft lavender is office-friendly and looks great as an ombre. Whether your skin is light or dark, it’ll flatter your complexion.
11. Asymmetrical Bob Box Braids
An asymmetrical bob with box braids is a fresh way to keep cool, especially during the warmer months. With short, highlighted layers all over, the hair will be off the neck but you’ll still have long sections to pull up into a cute updo.
12. Twist Box Braids + Bob
Another way to make the hair look thicker is by trying twist box braids where a couple sections of hair are wound together. Add layers to a bob with twist braids to give shape to your style.
13. Gray Box Braided Bob
Another color that flatters dark skin is grey. This color gives your box braided bob a bit of a frost which, when paired with silver charms, is a style that will turn heads!
14. Bob Box Braids with Beads
If only a couple beads throughout your bob aren’t enough, place them at ends and in the middle of the box braids. A dark red combined with detailed beads is another way to spice up your hairstyle.
15. Gold Hair Cuffs
Despite what everyone might be neglecting, accessorizing your hair is a vital step towards reaching the perfect bob box braid hairstyle.
So, instead of transparent elastic bands to make sure your braided tips stay in place, you can replace them with gold hair cuffs that multi-task as both securing the tips and boosting your fashion score! In addition to that, don’t forget to get yourself the element of surprise that helps you stand out in the crowd.
For example, the style above props up a bun centered in the middle top of the head. While it might not be the best idea, but it will definitely turn everybody’s attention to you!