It is hard to think of any woman who does not want shiny, soft, and well-hydrated hair. Healthy hair gives you that glow that makes you stand out wherever you are but are you willing to do what it takes to have such great hair? Did you know that Avocado can help your hair shine and it has so many benefits for your hair? Well read on and you’ll be surprised.
To have healthy hair, you must use healthy hair products, but it can be confusing which one to use as there are many ‘synthesized’ hair products on the market. A lot of times, these over-processed and overpriced industrial products can cause strong damage to the hair as a result of their chemical contents. This is why organic homemade hair products have remained the best option for any woman who wants to make sure her hair is well taken care of.
These homemade products are inexpensive and much more effective than the cosmetics hair products we buy most of the time. What is the benefit of spending so much money to get these industrialized, unhealthy, and less powerful hair products when you can use natural dirt-cheap products like avocado for hair care?
Avocado for Hair
With avocado fruit, you can obtain hydration for your hair and lots of other benefits for your general well-being. Avocado is super-packed with nutrients and minerals that can prevent various diseases like cancer, diabetes, indigestion, eye problems, weight problems, etc. It is one of the natural gifts of nature that is of benefit to overall human health.
In addition to being beneficial to the overall health of a person, avocado is very essential for taking care of our appearance with the aim of looking beautiful. Many are aware that it is used to maintain the hydration of the skin, but not a lot of people know that it can be used to hydrate the hair too. When used on the hair, the vitamins and good fats in avocado soften the hair and nourish it so greatly that the hair glows in a dream-like manner.
This may come as a surprise to you, and you may be wondering “did someone just discover all these hair benefits of avocado or is it an age lost beauty secret?” Well, the benefits of avocado have been in existence for a very long time since many generations ago. Our grandparents used it as a major ingredient to maintain the beauty of their hair and to restore luster and softness to their hair. If your hair is damaged, and you’re looking for a guaranteed way to restore it to perfect health naturally, avocado is a sure bet for you.
There are a lot of hair benefits of moisturizing with avocado. If you read this post to the end, you’ll learn more about these benefits, how you can process avocado right in the comfort of your home to make a natural hair mask, and the right way to apply this mask to your hair for maximum impact.
There are specific nutrients that are naturally beneficial to the hair, and avocado has a great deal of them. For instance, oils are found in avocado in the composition of 70% mono-saturated fats which are good for the hair. This healthy gift of nature also contains vitamins A, B complexes, C, and E all of which have mistrusting effects on the hair. Other components such as potassium, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, and copper also add to the moisturizing effect that avocado leaves on the hair.
Asides from the moisturizing effects, these nutrients present in its composition also help the hair to maintain a soft and shiny appearance. They also penetrate deep inside the hair leaving the hair stronger and well hydrated for a longer period of time. Since avocado is a very strong moisturizing agent, it can be best suitable for women with curly hair. Curly hairs tend to dry out faster as a result of the shape which prevents oil from the root of the hair from getting to the tips, causing breakage of hair. Moisturizing with avocado helps women with curly hair patterns to fight dryness and keep their hair moisturized all the time.
Also, hair that’s damaged as a result of chemical treatment can also benefit from the properties of vitamin B complexes which are heavily present in avocado. Its high oil contents help to hydrate the hair, offer nutrients, and moisture, thereby fighting all the damages caused by the chemical products and procedures – including the effects of dryers and flat irons.
Another great benefit of moisturizing with avocado is that it can boost the hair’s resistance to shedding, breakage, and split ends, which leads to healthier hair growth.
How to Hydrate the hair with avocado – step by step
Knowing all the benefits of avocado to the hair is one thing, knowing how to use it on the hair is another thing altogether. How do you hydrate your hair with avocado to gain all the health benefits that have been discussed earlier? Below are the steps on how to do that.
Note that avocado is plentiful at all times of the year and as such is very affordable and available all the time. The following are the meticulous steps you have to take.
- One ripe avocado
- One tablespoon honey
- One tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (or other vegetable oil of your choice)
How to make an Avocado Mask
- Scoop out the avocado pulp into a container. Be sure to get an amount that will be enough for your hair.
- Knead the pulp thoroughly with the help of a fork. If the pulp is not well needed, you will not get the best result.
- Add one tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (or any other vegetable oil of your choice) and stir until it turns into a uniform paste.
- Section your freshly-washed hair into different parts, and start applying the mask to each of them until you’ve covered all of your hair thoroughly. Now massage your hair very well to get the nutrients in the mask to penetrate deep into your hair follicles.
- Remove the hair from different sections; put them together in one section, then cover with a plastic or aluminum cap for about 30 to 40 minutes. This will help to warm the hair and enable the contents of the mask to work their magic more efficiently on the hair.
- After 30 to 40 minutes, thoroughly rinse the hair with a lot of water to remove the mask from the hair.
- Then proceed to wash the hair normally with your daily shampoo and conditioner, and rinse again after that.
- Dry the hair with a blow dryer or simply let the hair dry naturally. If you want to hot comb or flat iron it, be sure to do so with thermo-activated products to protect the hair against heat from the appliance.
How often can I moisturize my hair with avocado?
To get the best result or benefits of avocado, ensure to use the mask at least once a week. Also, make sure to use it consistently in order to achieve and maintain good results.
Check out more ingredients that help grow healthy hair: