Voluminous, bouncy, shiny, and frizz-free hair. Sounds like a dream, right? We’re all trying to reach our hair goals, and one of the most vital steps to getting there is to pick the right hairbrush.
For anyone looking to tame frizz or create the perfect look, a round brush is for you. But then comes the age-old question; which kind is right for me? With endless choices, reviews, and guides out there, it’s hard to know. So, we’ve broken it down for you.
If you’re in a hurry, here is our list of recommended round hair brushes.
Best Round Brushes
1. Drybar Double Pint Large Round Ceramic Brush – Best for Styling Straight Hair
There’s a reason why Drybar is one of the top hair brands. Quality, quality, and quality again. This lightweight large round brush is not only stylish, but it also works wonders to create volume and decrease dry time, leading to healthier hair.
Specs: The brushed NanoIonic technology helps reduce frizz and add a glossy shine to your mane. The barrel is ceramic, heating up during blow-drying to help lock in shape.
Pros: The lightweight design allows for you to dry your hair free from tired arms, and the bristles glide seamlessly through your hair, so it doesn’t get tangled often. The reduced drying time is also a major pro for thick hair!
Cons: The small handle makes it difficult to maneuver, and although advertised as a large brush, it’s more towards a medium size, making the price hard to justify.
2. Sndyi Round Brush – Best for The Budget
- 【Nano Ceramic Ionic Technology】-- Nano ionic technology in the bristles and Ceramic coated barrel help reduce frizz and...
- 【Natural Boar Bristles for Smooth Hair】-- The boar bristles on hair brush infused with negative ions help to spread the...
- 【2.1” Round Barrel】-- Please check the image of “size” before ordering. 2.1 inch is the barrel’s diameter, the...
Sndyi’s is perfect for anyone looking to stick to a low budget but still gets a great hair day. The brush itself comes with styling clips, a nice touch if you want to do your hair in sections.
Specs: The boar bristles are infused with negative ions to help ensure your hair is smooth and detangles easily. Sounds fancy, right? What this means is that it will reduce static and frizz for you!
Pros: Long, short, straight, curly. This brush works for all hair types as a medium size!
Cons: The bristles come through small holes in the barrel, and they sometimes get pushed back into the holes, which means that long-term, you’ll see the bristles disappear, making the brushless effective.
3. EcoTools Quick Volume Styler Hairbrush – Best Environmental Friendly
- For beautiful, Healthy Hair
- Sustainable bamboo handle
- Dries 20% faster for less heat damage
EcoTools’ Quick Volume Styler is perfect for anyone looking to keep it green. With a sustainable bamboo handle, this brush is lightweight and perfect for a quick style that you can feel good about.
Specs: This brush features a hollow barrel design called EcoVent, reducing drying time and damage. The synthetic bristles are cruelty-free to glide effortlessly through your mane.
Pros: As a smaller brush, it’s great for basics and rarely gets caught in your hair.
Cons: The lightweight design is great, but it tends to make styling more difficult without the added weight to hold the hair. It doesn’t quite allow for that long-hold salon look that will last all day.
4. Olivia Garden Ceramic and Ion Thermal Brush – Best for Damaged Hair
- Ceramic coated barrel
- Hydrates the cuticle
- 100% seamless body
Fly-aways, split-ends, and dull hair; all signs of damage. We want to avoid those at all costs but still keep the heat. The super-fine bristles on this Olivia Garden brush let your hair slip through with ease. No tangles, pulls, or knots (yes, please!).
Specs: The snag-free handle design avoids any rouge hair strands getting caught, and the retractable sectioning pick at the base is a lifesaver for separating hair quickly.
Pros: A perfect all-in-one type brush brings it back to basics with a classic feel but with some tech added.
Cons: The barrel itself is ceramic coated, not fully ceramic, which means it won’t lock in heat as well as a fully ceramic barrel. It might increase dry time.
5. PERFEHAIR Round Brush Set – Best for Round Brush Newbies
- Round Thermal Nano Ceramic Brush Set- 5 Different Sizes, Perfectly grabs your hair and lifts it up.
- Professional Blow Drying Curling Brushes , doesn't grab/pull the hair at all and moves smoothly.
- Ceramic Coated Barrel maximizes heat, for faster and more consistent drying and styling.
Let’s get back to the basics. If you’re using a round brush for the first time, it does take some getting used to. For now, you want something simple but of good quality. This brush is perfect for just that; with five different sizes that come as a set, you can see what works best for you.
Specs: Even better for beginners is that the barrel changes color when you’ve reached the optimum styling heat so you can adjust accordingly.
Pros: Multiple sizes make styling way more fun! Try using a large barrel towards the back and a small one for framing the face.
Cons: This set of five isn’t great for those who aren’t willing to experiment, as it’s more of an investment.
6. SUPRENT Round Brush – Best for Thinner Hair
- 🎄♫☺100% NATURAL BOAR BRISTLE: The natural boar bristle round brush is extremely effective in pulling your hair’s...
- 🎄♫☺IONIC TECHNOLOGY: Add negative ions to your hair as you blow-dry to reduce frizz and static. Make your hair looks...
- 🎄♫☺UPGRADED ERGONOMIC HANDLE: Easier to hold and can help prevent hand fatigue.
What’s that saying? Thin hair, don’t care? Sure, let’s go with that. If you have thin hair like me, though, you most likely care and want to volumize your thin hair and keep it as healthy as possible, go this round brush.
Specs: 100% natural boar bristles pull down all of those nourishing natural oils to keep your hair healthy. The ceramic barrel holds in heat, but the ventilation makes sure that it doesn’t damage your delicate locks.
Pros: This is a great go-to for thin hair girls with straight hair, with a design that is both cute and efficient. The closely spaced bristles are ideal for getting tangles out of thin hair.
Cons: If you have thicker hair, or simply a lot of it, this brush’s smaller barrel size means that it will take forever to get through.
7. REVLON One-Step Hair Dryer And Volumizer Hot Air Brush – Best for the Gals on the Go
- STYLE AND DRY IN ONE STEP: Style, Dry & Volumize Your Hair in One Step, Max Drying Power with 30% Less Frizz and helps reduce...
- IONIC + CERAMIC TECHNOLOGY: Unique Non-Detachable Oval Brush Design for Smoothing the Hair, while the round edges create...
- UNIQUE OVAL DESIGN: Designed with Nylon Pin & Tufted Bristles for detangling, improved volume, and control
You’ve probably seen the viral videos of people using this all-in-one brush and hairdryer, and for a good reason. It’s a busy girl’s dream come true; you run a brush through your wet hair and boom! Good to go.
Specs: This brush has a unique oval barrel design for smoothing hair while creating ultimate volume. It also features three heat and speed settings.
Pros: The pros are obvious for this one, taking the lead as the most efficient brush yet.
Cons: If you ever want to use your brush without heat, the oval shape causes more of an inconvenience, making it tough to work the hair around.
8. Ibiza Hair Brush – Best for Color Treated Hair
- B7 / 70mm - Round brush with blonde boar / carbon fiber nylon bristles, extra long narrow barrel & extended cork handle
- Blonde boar hair & carbon fiber nylon bristles help distribute sebum (natural oil) from your scalp to the tips of the hair...
- Leverage the extra long narrow barrel on big sections to create tight curls or loose waves. Very user friendly for how much...
Repeat after me: bristles matter. For color-treated hair especially, you want wide boar bristles with no plastic. This brush is ideal as it has bristles that won’t snag your hair.
Specs: It has an ergonomic and flexible cork brush to keep your hands comfortable, with bristles made with natural boar and carbon fibers.
Pro: The narrow and long barrel is perfect for creating tight curls, which is also great for long hair. It’s gentle but does the job.
Cons: Although good for working through thick and color-treated hair, the boar bristles aren’t great for removing static. Suppose you’re struggling with static, though, check out How to Get Rid of Static Hair Effectively.
9. Spornette Mini Styler Nylon Bristle – Best for Bangs
- Ball Tipped Nylon Bristles; Crafted To Be Gentle Even For People With Sensitive Scalps; Handle Short Hair With Ease Lifting...
- Mini Point Seventy Five Inch Barrel; Styling And Finishing Brush; Extra Small Barrel Size Is Perfect For Grabbing And...
- Great For Barbers Even Short Hair And Bangs; The Go To Hairbrush For Styling And Adding Volume To Short Hairstyles On Men And...
If you’re lucky enough to be able to rock bangs, you know they need to be styled daily. A small round brush can create the perfect bouncy bang look.
Specs: The ball-tipped nylon brittles ensure no poking for a sensitive scalp (ouch!). The slender handle allows for easy maneuvering.
Pros: The sleek and light style lets you get right into your bangs so that you can create the perfect bang blow-out.
Cons: Something to stay away from if you’re looking for an all-over look. With a full head of curls, this will be lost in your locks for good!
10. L’ange Hair SIENA Thermal Hair Brush – Best for Thick Hair
The trick for a thick head of hair is to go bigger. The larger the barrel, the more hair you can brush at once. The heavier the weight, the easier it will be to pull down thick hair for styling.
Specs: With a non-slip handle, this brush is the perfect brush to pull through thick and curly hair with confidence. The 53mm round barrel is made for daily use and has vents built-in.
Pros: The spaced-out bristles are great for big curls and air circulation, giving your strands room to breathe.
Cons: The plastic bristles do have a higher risk of damaging your hair, so use with caution!