Every woman is different in her hairstyling, hair color, and haircut. But, all of this depends a lot on the type of hair. The hair type is greatly influenced by genetics, so you may have almost the same hair type as your parents. This also goes for the grey hair too. If your parent’s hair tends to grey a lot, that is your destiny too.
However, the modern hair and beauty industry offers different techniques, treatments, and styling options for different hair types. It is much easier today to take care of your hair than in the past.
This especially goes for both straight and curly hair. As the two basic hair types, these conditions of the hair may or may not be a problem for some women.
The eternal dilemma stays: what is better curly or straight hair?
How to Make Curly Hair Wavy – 3 Best Methods
There are lots of different types of curly hair. It can come in afro curls, spiral curls, round curls, loose curls. Each type of curls provides a different look at the different hair lengths. Many women find it hard to style and maintain their curly hair, but that has a lot to do with the cut.
The proper cut is essential in giving your curls an excellent form and shaping the entire hairstyle to look good. Besides the cut, treating the curly hair with the proper hair care line is also very important.
Curls tend to tangle and break while combing. That is why brands offer various products for different styles of curly hair that will make the styling and maintaining much more manageable. The same goes for curly-colored hair.
- With curly hair, you will always have a hairstyle.
- Naturally curly hair looks much more vibrant.
- Styling curly hair can be easy with just the use of hair mousse.
- Some of the best and most unique coloring techniques, like ombre or balayage, look extraordinary on curly hair.
- Many hairstyles are beautiful, without exception.
- With the curls, you can have a different hairstyle each day because the curls change their shape from day to day, from wash to wash.
- The curls tend to tangle a lot which might cause a problem like breakage of the hair.
- If suitable hair treatment isn’t used, the curls will lose their shape and not look good.
- The curls make the hair big and voluminous, which many women find challenging.
- If one decides to straighten curly hair, that will take time and most possibly damage the hair because of the heat.
- Cutting curly hair must be done on wet hair, and the length you desire might be shorter at the end because the curls go up. This should be kept in mind when telling the hairdresser about the desired length.
Learn How to Straighten Hair Without Using Heat
Many women worldwide are born with straight hair – well, more or less straight. The ones with really straight hair go out to the hairdressers pretty rarely.
The majority of the women have hair that is straight but does not have a particular shape or form. If it is thick and dense, it will be heavy on the head and without a volume in the roots.
Then, as it falls, it becomes messy and bushy. However, this type of hair is much easier to be styled because it will require less time for styling.
The straight hair always looks elegant and is appropriate for all events. Most of the straight hairstyles involve long hair, but there are those shorter ones that look good too. Also, like curly hair, straight hair is an excellent base for many coloring techniques like highlights, ombre or balayage.
- Straight hair is easy to style and maintain.
- It looks good on every face shape and with every length.
- Straight hair is usually soft, which makes it shinier and easier to keep neat.
- When tied in a pony, straight hair presents one of the most popular and easy looks to pull off.
- Straight hair can easily be turned into different hairstyles with the addition of different hair accessories.
- The straight hair can look dirty after only a day or two.
- It lacks volume most of the time.
- If the hair is damaged or burnt, that will be more visible.
- Hair fall is a common condition with straight hair.
- If the straight hair is curled, the curls might not hold very long, depending on the hair type.
How to Curl Hair without Heat in 5 Minutes
The lists of the pros and cons of straight and curly hair can be much longer, but these are some of the most common and regular issues that women face in their daily routines. The hairstyles and the look of the hair mainly depend on the hair type, the maintaining routine, and the place where you live.
The women that live in more humid areas know the difficulty of keeping any type of hair in order. That is why everyone needs to find the most suitable solution for their hair and stick to it.
What Is the Follicle Shape for Curly and Straight Hair?
Hair grows out of tiny pores called follicles. The shape of your hair follicles has a significant influence on the texture of your hair. Round follicles cause straight hair to grow. More oval follicles result in wavy hair or loose curls. The more extreme the oval shape gets, especially when it becomes closer to an ellipse shape, the curlier the hair.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about curly versus straight hair.
Curly hair is generally considered more delicate than straight hair. Curly hair is prone to dryness, making it more likely to break or get split ends.
However, the most common determiner of hair strength is the coarseness of the hair strand. Curly and straight hairs can show fine and delicate qualities. On the other hand, both types can also show strength and thickness.
Curly hair textures are more common than straight hair textures. The gene that causes curly hair is dominant, whereas straight hair comes from a recessive gene. If you inherit curly hair genes from one parent and straight hair genes from the other, you end up with curly hair.
Both look beautiful. The best way to showcase your hair texture is to keep your scalp and hair healthy. You can also ask for hairstyles that flatter your face shape with layers and face-framing pieces.
Straight hair is often styled to slim and lengthen the face. The key is to create volume in the areas of your face you want to appear thinner. Layered and voluminous hair will balance out your wider facial features.
Straight hair and curly hair are equally professional. The belief that straight hair is more professional indicates a bias against many ethnic and racial identities where curls are prevalent.
Curly or straight hair, women are constantly changing their hairstyles and looking for something new. The look of the hairstyle can be easily changed, so it all comes down to the available time you have for styling your hair.
You May Also Like