Many of us want thicker, longer and healthier hair. It is hard to find a person who is completely satisfied with the way his or her hair looks.
However, most of the over-the-counter shampoos and remedies that claim to help hair grow are actually nothing more than a gimmick. The problem is that most of the natural vitamins can’t be properly absorbed through the hair and skin. They should be taken orally. However, there are still some hair vitamins that can stimulate healthy hair growth.
How do hair vitamins really work?
Let’s take a closer look at different hair vitamins, their role in hair growth and if they really work!
- Vitamin A – also known as retinol. It’s a general component usually found in hair and skin. Vitamin A helps regulate skin fat production. Skin fat or sebum is naturally produced by our bodies to moisturize the hair. This vitamin also plays a role of an antioxidant.
- Vitamin B – biotin and pantothenic acid are found in many different shampoos and hair masks. Biotin is considered to be a big help for keeping hair moisturized and flexible. It is supposed to prevent hair breaking and stimulate hair follicle growth. However, our bodies usually produce enough of biotin for our needs. A biotin deficit is an extremely rare problem and it definitely can’t be solved by using some expensive shampoo.
- Vitamin C – this vitamin doesn’t anyhow affect our hair growth. However, it is always present in the vitamin complexes. It’s a well-known antioxidant and helps keep the hair healthy by getting rid of free radicals in our bodies. Free radicals are considered to be the reason for gray and thinning hair.
- Vitamin D – is compulsory for people who live in a climate without enough sun. Vitamin D deficit is a big problem and can lead to unpleasant consequences. However, overdosing on Vitamin D is even worse. So, there is no reason to play around with it without a doctor’s prescription.
- Vitamin E – each and every hair product contains this vitamin. It doesn’t just fight free radicals, it also works as an antioxidant and increases the amount of oxygen in your blood that is supposed to stimulate cell growth.
Vitamins for men and women
You’ll be surprised to find out that vitamins for women’s hair don’t differ from vitamins for men’s hair. If someone is trying to sell you a “men’s” vitamin, they are just using a simple advertising trick. Hair vitamin complexes for men will include all the same components, such as A, B, C and E. The right dosage of the vitamins must be determined. Otherwise, the body will just try to filter out the excess of the vitamins which will lead to overloading your liver.
Any doctor will tell you that you need vitamins. A Healthy body will grow long, thick and healthy hair, that’s simple. That same doctor will caution you against taking vitamins Orally without his or her advice. While you can apply whatever you wish to your hair (it’s a dead organ anyway), you must be very careful about what you swallow. Vitamin overdose can be dangerous. So it is absolutely imperative to learn what vitamins your body needs and which ones are absolutely unnecessary.
Hair vitamins definitely work. But only if you know the right dosage and administer them at the right time and in the right way.