Dreadlocks are one of the most attractive hairstyles for white boys. Dreads on white boy’s hair can be done in different styles; short or long. Having dreadlocks does not really end trips to the barber’s shop. There are different styles that can be achieved even with your dreads on.
How to Maintain White Boy’s Dreads
Maintaining dreadlocks is entirely different from maintaining other hairstyles. Dreadlocks does not need to be combed or brushed regularly. Like other hairstyles dreadlocks is needed to be kept clean always. Different to popular conviction neat dreads lock up and tighten better and faster than dirty dreads.
While other hairstyles need combing to put stray hairs back in right place, white dreadlocks requires the spray hairs to be tucked back into the remaining dread so they can lock with the remaining hair. You will also notice that dreadlocks looks better over time.
The two most popular methods for maintaining dreadlocks for white boys are latching and twisting/palm rolling. Dreadlocks started by Palmrolling/Twisting are fragile. After each washing, you’ll see the locks will feel looser.
Re-twisting after each other washing is generally fine, particularly on the off chance that you are ready to wash them carefully and not bother the locks. One tip is to wash them while wearing a nylon stocking top. This secures the dreadlocks amid washing. Re-Twisting your locks is straight forward.
For point-by-point data on twisting and re-twisting, your locks with Knatty Dread Cream look at the twisting and re-twisting area here. You just turn the bolt until it is sufficiently under pressure to compress it while in the meantime apply some dread cream directly to the dread, working it in as you curve it around and around, dependably to one side or “clockwise”.
Finally, you stick, cut, or append the dread in some way to hold it in this turned position while you dry it, as a rule with the assistance of a hairdryer. Take care not to over warmth the hair as it will accomplish more damage than great. Give it a chance to dry totally and sit for no less than 3 hours if conceivable. At that point, you can release or un-cut the dreads.
How to Remove Dreadlocks
White dreadlocks aren’t the easiest type of hairstyle to change but are stylish and cool.
Traditionally, locs can be cut off or comb out. The easiest and fastest method to take dreads out is to cut it off but this reduces the hair’s length. Combing out your dreads can keep your hair the same length but might take a couple of days to do.
Before choosing a method, consider how much time you are ready to spend on taking white boy dreads out and how long you want your hair to be.
- Separate your dreads into a single dreadlock. Setting your hair apart into single locs will make them easier to comb. Start with an effortlessly reachable dreadlock on the side of your head and make use of a mirror so that you can see what you’re doing. It is better to have a friend comb them out. Don’t shatter or pull the dreadlock apart. Making use of hair clips to hold back your other deadlocks may make combing easier
- It’s essential for the hair to be damp before combing starts. Get a water-filled spray bottle and spray the end of the dreadlock to inundate it. Make sure the sinks well into the dread and continue spraying it until it’s completely wet. Don’t start combing any part of your dread without making the water-saturated first or else your hair will be damaged.
- Apply conditioner to the damp end of the dreadlock. A conditioner makes hair softened and moisturized, this makes it easier to comb. Put a number of large dabs of conditioner into your palm and rub it into the end of the loc, make sure it fully saturates fully into the damp area. A basic commercial conditioner can be used.
- Comb the end of the dreadlock with a small-toothed comb. Hold the loc and comb the end of the dreadlock by pulling the comb outward. go on with the brushing out the dreadlock until the hair separates fully. As you comb, already built up hair that you’ve gotten rid of overtime will begin to come out into your comb. Don’t be worried, it is normal.
- Apply conditional and water to the remaining dread and brush it out. It’s essential that as you comb you maintain your fully moisturized and conditioned locks as you comb them out, or you may end up breaking the end of your dread.
- Do the process repeatedly to the rest of your hair. Condition and come out the remaining dreads on your head. Once all the dreads are combed out, you’ll have effectively removed your dreads. Combing out all your dreads may take a lot of days to complete, so be patient.
Watch The Video to Learn How to Remove Dreadlocks for White Guys without Cutting
Best Dreaded Hairstyles for White Boys
White boys definitely look good with dreads. However, dread is one of the more difficult hairstyles for a white man to pull off in a professional setting. Overall though, dreadlock is one of the things that a white guy can sport to give them confidence in order to handle any situation better.
1. Blue Dreads
Dreadlocks for white boys are so versatile in terms of color, thickness, and length. You can play around with these and get a look that represents your personality. Also, in terms of how you attach the dreadlocks, you don’t necessarily need to make them from your own hair. Go for extensions if you only want them for a short period.
2. Shoulder Length Dreads
Dreadlocks are such a low-maintenance hairstyle. Moreover, they can be cut in such ways to recreate your favorite hairdo or adapt them to match your face shape. They are fresh, versatile and cool, can be dyed and styled however you like.
3. Big Bun
To achieve this huge bun, you need to grow your hair for several years. The locks will be shrinked and smaller than your actual hair when building the dreadlocks. However, using hair extensions is a good practice to make them more voluminous, thicker and longer.
4. Ombre with Dreads and Braids
As we said, dreadlocks are so versatile and can be styled in so many ways. If you have a scalp tattoo on one or both sides, and an undercut is necessary if you want to show it off. So that leaves you with a top that can be braided, dyed and styled with dreadlocks.
5. Dreads with Bandana
Short deadlock hairstyle will look so great if you use a bandana as a headband. Place it on the forehead, allowing the dreads to rise and create height. Tie the bandana in the back, just above the nape area.
6. Palm Pony
Firstly, style a temple undercut on both sides and use the remaining hair to build your dreadlocks. If you want something cooler, you can previously dye a few blonde strands that will make your hairstyle pop. Pinn all dreads on top of the head.
7. Skater Hairstyle with Headband
If your hair is growing and you don’t have time to restyle the dreads for the roots, you don’t have to be worried. You can use a headband to mask that portion of hair. This way, you’ll draw all the attention to the actual dreadlocks and get a messy cool hairstyle.
8. Long Dreadlock with Beard
Combining long dreadlocks with a long rich beard is an awesome idea for a man that has thick, voluminous hair. Keep the dreads in the same color to create unity and let your locks fall on your shoulders.
9. Dreads with Undercut
This hipster look with dreadlocks works so well for modern men who want a cool look. Firstly, style an undercut and create those locks. Decorate them with colored cylindric beads and use one for your goatee.
10. Hairstyle with Mid Fade
If you love combining short hair with longer tops, go for a medium fade for the sides and back. As for the top, build dreadlocks and wear them in a ponytail. You can also create buns and wear them untied, flipped on one side.
11. Thick and Long
This dreadlock hairstyle is always a standout that has been styled with thick and long hair.
12. Jason Momoa’s Style
Back in his heyday, Jason Momoa sported one of the best white boy’s dreadlock styles we’d ever seen. They definitely elevated his persona to the next level — just look at how amazing they look in action!
13. Funky White Dreads
This is a funky hairstyle for white boys. Justin Bieber stepped out with a mop of dreads at the iHeartRadio Music Awards sometimes ago. We have to say, he looks amazing. But what else should we expect from the gorgeous singer?
14. Two-Toned Dreads
The rapper Wiz Khalifa has been growing his locs for just a few years and they’ve already become a part of his signature look. Any white boy can easily get this dreaded hairstyle done on their hair.
15. Boy Ponytail with Dreads
No one is shy away from trying new hairstyles, so you can opt for this white guy with dreads look in chestnut brown color. And while it’s a look we’d consider for ourselves, we think Jaden pulls it off.
The powerhouse American is constantly styling his locks into super cute looks.
17. Short Dreads
This white people with dreadlocks is for a spin, albeit a loose version of them. It makes it work, though.
This white guy with wavy dreads is simply looking amazing. A good option to opt for.
19. Long Thin Dreads
These dreadlocks for white people have become famous, and in short, we love them. It’s a little fun with these locks by adding bright colors into the mix.
20. Messy Dreads
It is a fabulous dreadlocks style on white boy’s hair and just gives a natural look to the hair.
Dreadlocks always look cool on white boys. If your yet to go have yours, get your dreads done. For inspiration check our shortlisted white boy’s dreads styles out.