When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Anyone can easily look good with blonde or brunette hair, but there’s something inspiring about people who have the guts to sport more vibrant, unique, and vivid hair colors—purple, green, orange, pink, and many more!
If you’re all about expressing yourself, these unnatural shades are truly your best bet! While these hair colors will make you stand out, you should also know that having such hair color comes with a few downsides.
One of which is longevity because bright hair colors are prone to fading. In just a few weeks, your once vibrant blue hair color will already look dull and lifeless.
Of course, your hair care routine has something to do with this, but the type of hair dye you use plays a more significant role in your hair color’s longevity.
With that in mind, you should first learn how to choose a hair color, then pick a long-lasting hair dye. To make your quest easier we’ve compiled a list here.
Most manufacturers have claims on how long the dye’s color will last, but of course, not all lives up to their promise.
Best Long-Lasting Hair Dyes for Unnatural Color Shades
To help you end your hunt for long-lasting hair dyes that will allow you to show off your style for longer, we’ve compiled all of the longest-lasting dyes for unnatural colors below.
1. Pravana Chromasilk Vivids Vibrant Color – Least Messy Hair Color
- Super-sized tubes of stylists’ super faves!
- VIVIDS XL offers almost three times more color per tube to so stylists can color
- Ease using these top shades.
The Pravana Chromasilk Vivids Vibrant Color is widely used by professional hairstylists worldwide because of its long-lasting results. When you use this dye, the resulting hair color can last for 6 to 8 weeks.
Aside from imparting deep and highly pigmented color on the hair, the dye is also smudge- and bleed- proof, so it’s not messy to use.
The dye comes in 10 bright and vibrant shades—magenta, pink, purple, green, blue, Wild Orchid, violet, red, orange, and yellow.
- This doesn’t bleed as much as the other dyes.
- You don’t have to bleach your hair to achieve your desired color.
- It doesn’t produce a stinging sensation.
- No developer needed.
- The dye comes in XL size, which contains 3x more color than other tubes.
- It has a strong and unpleasant smell.
- The dye is difficult to remove.
2. Punky Semi Permanent Conditioning Hair Color – Best Conditioning Hair Dye
- Semi Permanent Conditioning Hair Dye: Pull off whimsical purple plum sweetness with Punky Colour Plum hair dye! Stand out of...
- Non-Damaging & Conditions Hair: Achieve vibrant color and condition as it transforms! No need to add peroxide so this hair...
- Long-Lasting & Vibrant Hair Color: With color-enhancing Keratin Complex for a more lasting intense, vivid color. It fades in...
The Punky Hair Color is different from the other dyes because it doesn’t just color your hair—it conditions it as well!
This vegan formulation is considered to be one of the gentles hair colors on the market because it doesn’t need peroxide and contain sulfates and harmful chemicals. With this, you’ll end up with bright, healthy, and soft hair.
That’s not all. This dye is long-lasting and can withstand fade for up to 25 washes.
- The dye is available 23 different colors.
- It comes in a handy leak-free tub that is perfect for traveling.
- This is also formulated to boost hair shine.
- You can mix different shades to get the color that you want.
- It can be used on both black and bleached hair.
- This bleeds for weeks.
- * Some people complained about inaccurate color description.
3. Arctic Fox Vegan and Cruelty-Free Semi-Permanent Hair Color Dye– Most Versatile Hair Color
- Shh... don't tell any of our other shades, but Purple Rain is one of our faves. This deep, true purple is a versatile color...
- #AFProTip: Purple Rain pairs well with tons of other AF shades; try mixing it with some Wrath for a burgundy,...
- Made only from vegan ingredients with no animal by products. No harmful chemicals in Arctic Fox Hair Color that damage the...
If you want to stand out, the Arctic Fox Hair Color Dye may just be the best hair dye for you.
This hair dye comes in 17 rainbow color options and a diluting solution so you can achieve a lighter pastel shade. That’s not all! You can even mix and match different colors to achieve unique shades!
Another great thing is this dye fades into the same color spectrum so that you can avoid the awkward hair shades in between touch-ups.
- The formulation is vegan and cruelty-free.
- The company donates 15% of its profits to organizations that prevent animal abuse.
- It lasts for 4 to 8 weeks.
- This works well on black, bleached, or gray hair.
- It has a fantastic scent.
- The stains are difficult to remove.
- It’s not as pigmented and vivid as other hair colors.
4. Revlon Colorsilk Hair Dye with Keratin – Best for High Definition Color
- PERMANENT AT-HOME HAIR DYE: Convenient hair color kit for at-home use co-developed with salon experts for long-lasting gray...
- KERATIN ENRICHED HAIR COLOR: Nourishing, ammonia-free hair color formula is infused with Keratin and Silk Amino Acid to leave...
- 100% GRAY COVERAGE: Revlon’s 3D Color Gel Technology delivers rich, natural-looking, multidimensional color with shine that...
Revlon is known to be one of the industry’s leading companies because of their advanced technologies and developments, and this product is one good example of it. Featuring Revlon’s 3D Color Gel Technology, you can achieve more natural-looking and multi-tonal hair color.
The formulation is infused with silk amino acids and keratin, which deeply nourishes the hair, leaving it shinier, smoother, and healthier.
- The hair dye delivers long-lasting shades with 100% gray coverage.
- This is the perfect solution for graying hair.
- It doesn’t contain ammonia, so it’s gentle on the hair.
- The liquid gel consistency of the dye minimizes mess.
- You can choose from up to 41 hues.
- The color options are more on the neutral side.
- It has a strong chemical smell.
5. L’Oreal Paris Feria Multi-Faceted Shimmering Hair Color– Most Innovative Hair Color
- Feria Is Multi-Faceted Permanent Hair Color: Known for shimmering color and edgy colors, Feria permanent hair dye kits...
- Multi-Tonal, Shimmering Feria Hair Color: With 50 plus bold shades ranging from deepest black hair, platinum blonde & smoky...
- L'Oreal Permanent Hair Color: L'Oreal Paris Hair Color comes in multiple formulations and styles to deliver long-lasting...
L’Oreal is taking unusual hair color to a whole new level with this shimmering hair color. Claiming to be a multi-faceted and multi-tonal hair color, the L’Oreal Feria will give you not just bright but also shimmering and edgy colors.
The dye comes in over 50 shimmering shades that will allow you to show off your personality in the most colorful way possible. The hair color contains three times more highlights in different shades to achieve that eye-catching prismatic color.
- You can choose from bold and fashion-inspired hues.
- The hair color also conditions and seals hair strands.
- It doesn’t produce a brassy look.
- The cream consistency facilitates easy application.
- The color doesn’t come out as expected.
- This is also not as long-lasting as the other dyes in the list.
6. Splat Rebellious Fantasy Complete Hair Color Kit – Best for All Hair Colors
- Contains a unique formula that will give your hair vivid, long lasting color.
- This is a one application kit for all hair colors. It can provide subtle hints of color to unbleached or dark hair or...
- With just one application, express yourself with semi-permanent hair paint.
Do you have brown, black, or blonde hair? Regardless of your original hair color, the Splat Rebellious Fantasy Complete Hair Color Kit can help you get the hair you want!
The great thing about this hair dye is it already comes with everything you need for the hair coloring process. The kit already includes bleach, color, and hydrogen peroxide so you can achieve the hair color you need.
- There are 20 color options available.
- The color can last for up to 30 washes.
- It contains Baobab seed oil, which nourishes hair follicles.
- The dye also has Quinoa seed extracts, which fortifies the hair.
- This contains parabens.
- With its liquid consistency, the hair dye is a bit messy to apply.
7. Special Effects Blood Red Hair Dye – Best for Bleached Hair
- Semi-Permanent Cream Formula
- Vegan friendly, not tested on animals
- Conditions hair as it colors
The Special Effects Blood red Hair Dye is another 2-in-1 hair color because it conditions the hair while dyeing it. This semi-permanent hair color is formulated to last for 3 to 6 weeks. The good news is it may last longer on pre-lightened or bleached hair!
This hair dye got its name because some of its shades glow under black light. Now, that will surely make you stand out!
- It comes in 12 different shades.
- Since it comes in the form of a cream, it’s easier to apply.
- This creates the most vivid hair color.
- The coloring process is fast and easy.
- Some people don’t like its scent, similar to burning rubber.
- It stains a lot.
If there’s one thing more difficult than choosing the right long-lasting hair dye for unnatural colors, it’s finding the right shade for your hair. Fortunately, most of these hair dyes come in a wide range of shades.
When it comes to longevity and versatility, we have an eye on only one hair color, and that’s no other than the Arctic Fox Vegan and Cruelty-Free Semi-Permanent Hair Color Dye. We chose this hair dye because of how versatile it is.
While it doesn’t have the widest color selection, it allows you to mix and match colors. The availability of the diluter even will enable you to turn the color selection into lighter shades or their pastel version, which is a big plus!