Orange hair is skyrocketing the hairstyling trends, and it’s starting to become a popular color option. If you are already blonde, you just need to choose among a wide variety of shades and start getting creative.
Factors to consider before dyeing your hair orange
Before dyeing your hair orange, consider the following factors:
- Assess your skin tone: Determine whether orange hues complement your skin tone, as some shades can flatter cool, warm, or neutral undertones better.
- Choose the right shade: Explore various shades of orange, such as neon, pastel, or deep, and select one that suits your preferences and complements your complexion.
- Evaluate hair condition: Check the health of your hair, as bleaching or dyeing may cause damage to already weak, brittle, or damaged strands.
- Perform a strand test: Conduct a strand test on a small section of your hair to ensure you are satisfied with the color and to check for any allergic reactions.
- Seek professional advice: Consult with a hair colorist for guidance on choosing the right shade, technique, and products to achieve your desired result.
- Plan for maintenance: Be prepared for the necessary upkeep, including root touch-ups, color preservation, and nourishing treatments to maintain vibrancy and hair health.
- Consider temporary options: Explore semi-permanent or temporary orange dyes if you’re unsure about committing to a permanent color or if you want to test the shade before fully committing.
How to Achieve Orange Hair Color
To get your desired orange hair color, follow these steps:
- Select the right shade: Choose an orange shade that complements your skin tone and suits your preferences, such as neon, pastel, or deep orange.
- Gather necessary supplies: Purchase the required hair dye, bleach, developer, gloves, mixing bowl, brush, and any additional protective gear like a cape and petroleum jelly.
- Perform a strand test: Apply the dye to a small section of your hair to ensure you’re happy with the color and to check for any allergic reactions.
- Protect your skin: Apply petroleum jelly around your hairline, ears, and neck to prevent staining from the hair dye.
- Prepare the bleach (if needed): If your hair is dark or has a strong undertone, mix the bleach and developer according to the instructions, and apply it to your hair evenly. Follow the recommended processing time, then rinse thoroughly and dry your hair.
- Mix the hair dye: Combine the orange hair dye and developer (if required) according to the product instructions in a mixing bowl.
- Apply the dye: Section your hair and apply the dye evenly with a brush, starting from the roots and working your way down to the tips. Ensure complete coverage for even color results.
- Process the dye: Allow the dye to process for the recommended time on the product instructions, typically between 30-45 minutes.
- Rinse and condition: After the processing time is complete, rinse your hair thoroughly with cool water until the water runs clear. Apply a color-safe conditioner to help seal the hair cuticles and lock in the color. Rinse the conditioner out with cool water.
- Dry and style: Gently towel-dry your hair and apply a heat protectant before using a hairdryer or other styling tools. Style your hair as desired, and enjoy your vibrant orange color.
- Maintain the color: To keep your orange hair vibrant and healthy, use color-safe shampoo and conditioner, avoid excessive heat styling, and apply hair masks or treatments regularly. Schedule root touch-ups and color refreshers as needed.
Remember that achieving the desired orange shade may require multiple sessions, especially for darker hair. It’s always best to consult with a professional colorist if you’re unsure about any part of the process or need advice on the best products to use.
Beautiful Orange Hair Color Shades
You can also choose the highlighting process, which will take you several weeks to reach that stunning dominant orange hair color. This way, your hair won’t get as damaged as in the bleaching process. Either way, the outcome will look fabulous, and you can get your inspiration from the examples below.
1. Burnt Orange
This fabulous burnt orange color can be obtained by mixing a red-orange shade and a tint of blue that will create that fantastic dark effect. You can wear your hair in a bob haircut with bangs or simply let your long locks fall on your chest and back.
2. Dark Orange
This fabulous dark orange color will look vibrant and compelling, especially if you give it proper care. Use products designed for dyed hair that nourish your locks and make the color shine on your hair strands.
3. Black And Orange
If you adore unconventional hairstyles, black and orange hair is ideal for you. Choose a bob haircut with bangs and create striking orange highlights. You can style some waves to make the color stand out even better.
4. Red Orange
Red-orange hair is electric and perfect for any woman who wants to be in the center of attention. You can quickly achieve that goal with a stunning bright shade like this.
5. Orange Ombre Hair
For this orange ombre hair, you can keep your roots in their natural color and gradually transition to an outstanding dominant orange color. You can make this hairstyle by bleaching your tips.
6. Pink And Orange Hair
We all agree that orange looks fabulous, but you can make it look even more mesmerizing by adding some bright fuchsia highlights for the crown hair area. Style some easy waves to obtain that high definition we all want.
7. Orange And Blonde
This hair color is ideal for women with light skin tone and blue or green eyes. You can style an astonishing mix of orange and blonde by creating highlights or even an ombre.
8. Orange Brown Hair
Give your brown shade a spectacular glow with an orange gue that will make you look sun-kissed the whole year, not only in the summer. This color is not low maintenance, so get prepared to invest time and money in hair care products.
9. Bright Orange
A bright orange shade for your hair is undoubtedly eye-popping but very fastidious. You must always be careful to have undamaged tips because, with this color, any small detail is visible.
10. Copper Orange Hair Color
Cooper orange hair is such a distinctive color that undoubtedly gets everyone’s attention. It’s ideal for women with white skin tone and pinky shades, and if you have blue or green eyes is certainly a color you should try.
11. Neon Orange
If you are a bold girl with a strong personality, this bright orange hair is your one true love. You can create an A-line bob, or you can keep your rebel long locks falling in a cascade on your back.
12. Purple And Orange Hair Color
Whenever you love being creative and want to style a fabulous unconventional hairstyle, mix a purple root color with bright, vivid orange. Make your beautiful shades glow with some smooth waves that will enhance your stunning hairstyle.
13. Short Orange Hairstyle
For an out-of-the-ordinary short hair look, get yourself a pixie haircut and make it look fabulous with a stunningly bright orange color. Spread your bangs on your forehead or toss them on one side.
14. Long Orange Hairstyle
If you want to look like a princess and give your long hair the attention it needs, a ginger orange color will make it look eyepopping at any party or event. Style a few wide curls for the tips or make some easy, relaxed waves.
15. Black Girl With Orange Hair
16. Orange Hair Weave
If you are scared of the bleaching procedure or you are not sure whether to make this change permanent, use a weave to create this excellent look. Use ginger hair extensions or blonde bulks of hair which you can dye in your favorite orange shade.
17. Asian With Orange Hair
As we mentioned before, this hair color is a perfect fit for women with light skin color. Asin girls adore the orange shade and stunningly blend it in their modern, sexy looks.
18. Blue And Orange Hair
Blue and orange make a potent outstanding color mix. If you are not afraid of the attention, you will get, style a blue shade for your roots and end up with a bright orange for the tips. Make a half updo or some waves as styling.
19. Orange And Yellow
By wearing this stunning color, we already agreed that you are a bold, powerful woman who’s not afraid of getting all the attention she deserves. You can even take this hairstyle to a whole new level of greatness by sectioning your hair with a middle part and dyeing one side in an orange shade and the other with a yellow hue.
20. Pastel Orange Shade
Orange hair only doesn’t look marvelous in bright electric colors but also in pastel nuances. Use a faded color yo dye your mane and get an A-line bob haircut. Keep your hair straight with a few loose waves or get a curly hairdo to give volume to your hair strands.
21. Orange Curls
Spice things up with a stunning bright orange for your curls. The color will give your coils texture and high definition and will astonishingly glow in the sun.
22. Crimped Blonde Ombre
Retro is very trendy, and here we start with our focus color and transition to a delightful blonde color in such a natural way that it appears seamless.
The hair is full of little waves often called crimps, and it’s a very freeing, elegant look. The extreme length adds an earthy vibe.
23. Short Wavy Bob
This is a great look for all ages with naturally ginger-hued hair.
The hair is in a bob with a side parting, and it has some light waves that add some texture that looks wonderful and sets it apart from some more basic styles for hair this length.
24. Cropped Mullet with Purple
Purple and gingery tones work surprisingly well together, and this edgy cropped mullet shows that off.
The front and sides of the hair are short but the back is a little longer, making this a modern mullet style. Pinkish ginger tones decorate the front and back of the hair.
25. Short Ear-Length Bob
Ear-length bob styles are wonderful for mature women who want enough hair to style without having to go crazy on it every day.
The deep color draws the eye, so your hair will look wonderful even without fancy and extensive styling that you don’t want.
26. Space Buns and Bangs
Messy space buns are totally classic, and here they’re paired with some long bangs. It’s an edgy twist to a style that’s usually reserved for giving off a very sweet vibe.
The hair has dark red roots and the rest of the hair is a vibrant color that’s so bright it’s almost red, but it’s not quite the right shade to be red. It’s more of a burned orange tone.
27. Sunset Orange Hair Color
If you want an outstanding look for a themed party such as Halloween, you can use a non-permanent hair dye to create a fabulous hue. This magical change works only if you have blonde hair.
28. Orange Tips Hair
Do you want to give your hairstyle a pinch of color? A blonde orange ombre or a hairdo with ginger tips can be the change you wanted. Use a non-permanent hair dye that will beautifully fade away when you wash your hair.
29. Fiery Orange
Express your personality with an intense fire orange color. Make a gorgeous ombre that uses red color for the roots and transits to a bright, vivid orange hue for the tips. Give your hair volume with some loose waves.
30. Orange Dreads
If you wear your hair in dreads, you already have a hairstyle that draws attention. Adding such an eye-catching color as orange will undoubtedly make you a highly noticeable person wherever you go.
Maintaining Your Orange Hair
- Wash your hair with sulfate and color-safe shampoo to preserve vibrancy.
- Condition with color-safe products to maintain hair health.
- Limit heat styling to prevent color fading.
- Use heat protectant before styling to protect hair.
- Apply hair masks regularly for hydration and nourishment.
- Schedule timely root touch-ups to keep color even.
- Refresh color periodically to maintain vibrancy.
- Avoid chlorine exposure by wearing swim caps or using hair protectants.
- Rinse hair with cool water to close cuticles and retain color.
- Opt for UV protection hair products to shield against sun damage.
Orange hair makes you look fabulous and will get everybody’s attention on you. As a brunette, if you want to reproduce any of the looks you’ve seen above, you’ll probably have to bleach your hair. As a blonde, the process is more straightforward, and it doesn’t necessarily need to be permanent!
There are plenty of non-permanent hair dyes out there that can help you get any of the orange nuances presented here. Just remember that this is not a low-maintenance hair color and that it will need loads of hair care products to nourish your locks and keep your color vivid.