Are you thinking about using Rogaine/Minoxidil for your receding hairline? Before you do so, we think there are 5 facts that you need to be aware of! Before we get into that, let’s talk a little about hair loss. It is caused due to a number of reasons but mostly due to aging and heredity. There are a number of treatments available for hair loss and one of then it Rogaine. It is commonly used to help treat both male and female pattern baldness. But the main question is: does Rogaine work for receding hairline?
A receding hairline is basically a sort of progressive hair loss in which the hairline starts to thin out on either side of the forehead. In some time, you end up with a bald patch on the top of your head and is sometimes called as a widow’s peak because the front of your forehead forms a V shape pattern. Receding hairline is most commonly found in men.
Using Rogaine for Receding hairline – Facts
Now, let’s talk about the facts you should know before using Rogaine for receding hairline:
1. Rogaine belongs to a group of vasodilator medication. At first, it was used for treating people suffering from high blood pressure. However, many people who used it for treating hypertension found excessive hair growth. This was actually a side effect of the medication but didn’t bother a lot of people, especially ones who had a hair loss problem. However, excessive hair growth wasn’t just experienced on the head but it was also found in other unexpected areas like chest or back. Because of this side effect, the scientists made some modifications to Rogaine and made it into a hair loss treatment.
2. Rogaine used to be a medicine but now it is available in two different forms: solution and foam. The reason for changing the formula and its consistency was to eliminate hair growth in the wrong areas of your body. When it is applied topically, there would be no unexpected hair growth.
3. The exact reason or way Rogaine treats hair loss and promotes hair growth has not been completely figured out yet. There is no appropriate and enough evidence to support why any vasodilator has an effect on the hair follicle.
4. According to the manufacturer of Rogaine, it does not work on receding hairline. However, at the same time, there are some testimonials available that say that it may help with receding hairline. So far, it hasn’t been officially confirmed or approved for treating receding hairline.
5. There is no reason available for why Rogaine doesn’t work for receding hairline.
Rogaine Minoxidil Treatment for Receding Hair – Before and After
Now that you know all the important facts about using Rogaine for receding hairline, use it with caution and don’t expect too much out of it!