Thinking about going ombre for medium length hair? Well, the good news is that this hairstyle can look so good & feminine on every woman, no matter her age! And the even better news is that you can easily rock it and match with your skin tone, but you have to know some hair styling & coloring rules. Luckily, we’ve listed everything down below, continue reading!
How to Choose Suitable Ombre Color
If you need beautiful ombre hair color make sure to follow these 5 rules:
- Look at your skin tone and try to compare it to your favorite celebrity. Do you resemble Beyonce, Adele, Lady Gaga, Kim Kardashian? If so, check out their hairs pics and see if you can find something similar which you’d also love to rock in the future. Since if it looks good on them, it will probably look great on you too.
- The most important part when it comes to hair & highlights is understanding your undertone. And the best way to do that is by checking and looking at your wrist and the veins underneath. If your veins are blue or purple, your skin tone is cool-toned.
- However, if they are green, you have a warm undertone. Women with cooler undertones should get washed out, cool & slightly grayish highlights. However, women with warmer undertones can go for Auburn, oranges, hot & fiery yellow & anything that has some warmth in the color.
- If your wrists are a mixture of blue & green, this means that you are somewhere in between and that you can go either way.
- Lastly, think about your natural hair & your strands. If they are prone to breakage then rather go for seamless highlights. If your hair is thick & strong, you can color it completely. Also, another important factor is your natural color. Consider its natural pigments and think how they’ll blend along with your new set of highlights. If your hair has previously been bleached, the highlights might not stick on as easily, nor show off for that matter. But if you have virgin hair you are more than welcome to experiment with different color options.
Popular Medium Ombre Hairstyles
These are the most ravishing ombre medium hairstyles for modern girls to explore with pride.
1. Medium Short Grey Ombre Hairstyle
This medium length ombre hairstyle will suit those who have a cool undertone. This grey hair color looks very attractive, and it should be worn by women who are in their 30s.
2. Dramatic Pink Ombre
If you are a fan of color and you love pink; voila, this style is for you! This seamless ombre blend looks almost Barbie-like, and will make you the star of the show, no matter where you go!
3. Wavy Purple Ombre Hair
This purple hair color, when paired with the ombre medium hairstyle, looks playful and appropriate for cool skin toned women. If you are in your 20s and you need something innovative, this is definitely it!
4. Blue Ombre Medium Hair
You can play around with your hair & tie it in some funky hairdos & knots, such as this one. If you have washed out highlights know that they can look beautiful, as long as they are ombre highlights tho.
Pastel pink hair color looks feminine & playful, ideal for girls who love romantic looks. Get these soft curls and round up your medium ombre hairstyle.
6. Golden Ombre Hairstyle with Bangs
If you have something important & semi-formal to attend to go for these golden colored highlights. Also, the side-swept hairdo looks stunning, and will definitely swoop men off their feet.
You can style your shoulder length ombre hairstyle with some cute knot hairstyle ideas at the top. This style is wearable and ideal for younger women, even those who are still in school.
8. Caramel Ombre Highlights
If you are a fan of caramel highlights and you want to have this stylish ombre hairstyle, also make sure you curl your strands. A feminine touch as this one can’t hurt, right?
If you have light & washed out hair, or some coral/pink vibes to it make sure you cut it to a medium length and pair up with ombre highlights. This is very unique and playful at the same time.
10. Rich Chocolate Brown Hair
This is the ultimate hairdo for women with warm undertones. It is covered in bright & warm highlights and is the ideal ombre medium hairstyle for the office! If you are a workaholic woman who loves to go out on the weekends; this hairstyle is for you!
This fiery red ombre for medium hair are cute & will suit workaholic women the best. The cut is easy to maintain, and the highlights are not too eye-catching.
If you have naturally darker brown hair and you want a pair of ombre to make sure you get these hot brown ones. These shoulder length ombre are easy to achieve, and they can look quite natural.
FAQs on Ombre Medium Hairstyles
Q. Straight Or Wavy Hair: Which Ombre Looks Better?
Ans: Ombre will look seamlessly blended in both ways. However, almost every hairdresser will advise you to go for medium beach waves once you get the ombre hairstyle. Why? This way the blend will look natural & effortlessly beautiful, while once your hair is straightened it can look a bit too harsh and not as attractive/exotic.
Q. Does Ombre Damage Your Hair?
Ans: Any hair coloring method can damage your hair, which also goes for ombre highlights. However, you can visit a hair expert and a professional colorist and ask them to minimize the damage by using high-quality products. For instance, many experts will use Olaplex when dying your hair.
The medium length ombre hairstyle can look so cute, right? If this is your first time coloring your hair as dramatic know that it will suit you, just make sure that you go to a well-rated and trusted hairdresser. Many women also love mid-shoulder length since it is perfect for those who need low-maintenance hairstyles. If this sounds like you, tell us which of these 12 beautiful designs are you going to get?