Bangs for oval faces are quite recommended since they put your best features in the limelight while drawing attention away from your long face. Though bangs, regardless of their shape, cut, and size, work the best for any type of face cut.
How to Cut Bangs for Oval Face
It is quite easy to cut your own bangs based on the type of face you possess. Follow the steps as given below and you’ll have your bangs hair ready in no time!
- Part and gather your hair in the front which you intend to convert into bangs.
- Place this hair in between your forefinger and middle finger.
- Twist this bunch of hair once so that you have them rolled once in between your fingers.
- Start cutting while keeping the length of your bangs a little longer than you intend to.
- Once done, release them and you’ll have the perfect shape of bangs longer at the sides and shorter in the middle.
- Now tweak this hair a little to give it the desired texture. You can also make spilt cuts to give it a feathered and ruffled effect or simple even out the borders with a pair of scissors and you’re good to go!
- Style your hairdo with a straightener, hairbrush, and blow dryer to ensure that your bangs get into the desired shape and stay in place all day.
How To Style Bangs for Oval Faces And Big Forehead
There are a couple of aspects to consider while styling bangs for an oval face or a long face:
- Go for side swept, wispy and blunt bangs, or brow-skimming bangs. These work the best in covering up your broad forehead and focus more on your lips and moth.
- Bangs on oval faces make it appear smaller and rounder. Side swept bangs are specially meant for girls with long faces and big foreheads.
- If you like keeping your hair straight, make sure your bangs are a bit curled and shaped towards the end while they gently graze your cheekbones. Long and straight hair makes your face appear longer. But if you add slightly curled side-swept bangs, you are bound to improve your looks by several notches.
- Opt for a type of bangs that cover a good portion of the upper half of your face while leaving your lower half, like chin and lips, into the limelight.
- Baby bangs and micro bangs don’t flatter an oval face well. It is best if you stick to large and curled side-swept bangs instead of small ones.
- Steer your way clear of curly thin hair bangs that fall unevenly on your forehead. These will only bring down your looks by several bars which aren’t recommended for a stylish reputation.
- Since your face is naturally oval, make sure you go for oval bangs to stay true to the original nature of your face. Rounded bangs don’t work pretty well with oval and long face types.
Styling Bangs Hair for Oval Faced Women
Oval-faced women can pull off any type of bangs. Be it side-swept, blunt, or short bangs. The trick to getting a good set of bangs is to ensure that they aren’t too short. The perfect is having your bangs just skim across your eyebrows.
- Keep your bangs and fringes a little longer at your temples to complement the sides of your face while a pretty short in the middle.
- Always aim for loose and messy hairstyles along with bangs since that will amp up your look better than any other hairstyle.
- It is better if you wear your hair low like in a low ponytail, braid, or bun than wearing your hair high up. If you wish to get a high hairdo, ensure that you don’t go for tight hairstyles but stick to loose and freestyles that complement your oval face the best.
Bangs That Are Not Recommended for Oval Faces
Micro And Baby Bangs
Uneven And Rounded Bangs
Best Bangs Hairstyles for Oval Faces
Bangs hairstyles give a stylish look on an oval face. So, if you’re thinking of getting a new haircut that suits with your oval face, then check the following lists of best bangs hairstyles for oval face.
1. Side Bangs
You only need a brush and a blow dryer to achieve this look in 3 minutes flat. Side bangs for oval face look excellent on both short and long hair.
Layers complement an oval face quite well. And more so, if you throw in a pair of side-swept bangs to go along with the overall look.
3. Grown Out Pixie Cut
Side swept bangs is ideal for women with oval face shape. Very few girls are experimental enough to opt for the pixie cut. But those who do can boats of a number of stylish hairstyles until your hair grows out, the grown-out pixie being one of them. Shape your front hair into side-swept bangs and voila! You have a new look!
If chic and style had a new name, it would be ‘shaggy.’ A shag haircut speaks volumes about your carefree and cute personality and is only enhanced by having a pair of side bangs complementing your oval face.
5. Fringes And Long Beachy Waves
Fringes just touching your eyes and longer at the sides are just what you need to spice up your hairdo in the simplest way possible. Brownie points if you have long beachy waves to go along with these bangs for oval face.
6. Messy Look with Short Hair
As long as your bangs are shorter in the center and longer at the sides, you can pretty much rock any haircut, even a short messy look.
7. Messy Long Waves with Bangs
Long wavy hair with side bangs also accentuates an oval face quite well. You can try this look on mid-length hair too.
8. Blunt Bangs
No face type can pull off blunt bangs better than an oval face. You can have long straight hair or short curly ones, but blunt bangs will always make you stand out in the crowd.
An asymmetrical bob, with the hair at the back chopped to a minimum length while the hair in the front is long, is one of the new favorites of the current generation. However, a lob is incomplete without side bangs for oval face.
A short bob, be it straight cut or unevenly chopped, is quite in trend these days. Pair it up with a bunch of side bangs, just up to your eyebrows, and you have a chic bangs hairstyle for oval face to rock!
11. Side-Swept Bangs
A beautiful hairstyle with bangs for oval face women. Regardless of your hairstyle, side swept bangs with a slight curl articulate an oval face beautifully. They draw more attention to your cheekbones, lips, and chin than your forehead.
12. The Loose Hairdo
A messy and loose hairstyle, preferably with a low pony, braid, or bun, with bangs works exceptionally well for oval faces. You can leave out bangs on both sides of your face. On second thought, pin up one side of your hair securely and let the bangs of the other side fall freely.
13. Straight Middle Parted Bangs
Keeping the hairstyle straight but not flat is the key to a great looking long hair with bangs for women with oval faces. The bangs parted in the middle add volume to the hairstyle and complete the fashionable look.
14. Long Pixie with Side Swept Bangs
This is the long pixie hairstyle with bangs which will look great on women with oval faces. The stand out of the crowd ear tuck makes an impression of youthful style and gives the hair a thick and neat look. Should be tried at least once in a lifetime!
15. Curly Bangs
Curly hair doesn’t mean the bangs should be forgotten. Short bangs are a great addition to the curly hair of any length. This cut is a big hit among bangs hairstyles for women with oval face shape and who is bold enough to wear long curly hair.
FAQs on Bangs for Oval Faces
Q1. Do Bangs Suit with Oval Faces?
Ans. Oval faces can pull off any bangs. Long oval bangs, blunt cut bangs, and side swept bangs all look good on oval faces. However, stay away from rounded or uneven bangs like those mentioned above.
Q2. Fringes or Bangs Which One is Best for Oval Faces?
Ans. With an oval face, but fringes and bangs look good. For a more customized suggestion exclusive to only your face, make sure you ask your hairstylist what type of bangs suit on your oval face although there is no hard and fast rule to it.
Q3. What Is The Basic Styling Tip for Everyday Hairdo for An Oval Face?
Ans. Keep your hairstyle low and loose. Use hairspray or serum to keep your stray hair in place, if need be. also, keep your heat styling to a minimum to avoid damage by heat.
Bangs suit all face types but especially bring up the overall look of girls with oval faces. So, if you have an elongated or oval face and you’re looking for just the right kind of hairstyle to accentuate your strong and beautiful facial features, maybe it’s time for getting one of the above bangs as your next hairdo!