Messy bob is all about celebrating the disheveled look. Imagine yourself just out of bed and add a touch of professional expertise and you get the perfect combination of chic, sophisticated, trendy and easy to maintain. Whether you opt for a short messy bob or choose a slightly longer version, it always makes a strong impact.
What really works in favor of the messy bob is the ease with which you can maintain this hairstyle. Most times, all you need is a stylish bob cut and some super cool products to keep it intact.
How to Style Messy Bob
The trick, therefore, is how to style a messy bob to make that ‘bed-head’ look surprisingly appealing.
- First of all, separate your hair into two parts from the temple onwards. In case your hair is not very thick, you can skip this step
- You have to keep the straightening iron in a vertical position. Make sure you don’t pull it down straight. You have to turn your wrist 180 degrees and then pull the straightener down. Start twisting it from your ear level. So, the messy waves then start there onwards.
- Repeat this step on the top layers too. It is particularly difficult doing it at the back. You can use a hand-held mirror or ask someone else to hold it for you.
- You need to use the texturizing powder next. That is what will eventually plump up the hair and also lend a matte look if you like. This is, however, optional and depends on personal choice. The idea is to recreate that disheveled look with a chic improvisation.
- Take the texturizing powder in your hand and then apply it. This ensures more even distribution and decidedly better results.
- The best part is once you style messy bob it can stay that way for a relatively long time.
The messy bob styling will differ slightly in different layers. If you like to keep messy short bob, the above process is a perfect styling process. For slightly longer hair, you have to keep repeating the steps on the different layers one after another till all the layers are twisted into messy waves uniformly.
Watch The Following Video to Know about How to Style Messy Bob Haircut
Tips to Get Perfect Messy Bob
So now that you know the basics of how to style messy bob, it is important to get to know the tips too. After all, that is what will elevate your effort from basic to professional. The idea is to create a look that stays and also brings out the stylish quotient in your overall get up.
- Remember to hold the straightening iron away from your face, and your wrist should be turned 180 degrees. There is a very fine line between creating the straight bob look and the messy wavy bob. Make sure that you hot the brief correctly.
- Put the hair product that you want to apply on your palm first. Then gradually apply it in uniform circular motion. That will give you the best possible results.
- Make sure that your hair is completely dry before you start working the hot iron. So blow dry thoroughly, but you don’t need to use a comb. Your hair does not need to be straight, but it sure has to be totally dry.
- Once all the waves are created, run your fingers through the waves. That will separate them out and also bring out the individual cluster of every waveform.
Most Stunning Messy Bob Hairstyles
One of the best parts about the messy bob is the wide number of range and options that you can style your hair in.
This messy bob haircut looks particularly good on short hair. This works especially well for the corporates who want a bit of edgy dressing.
2. Shaggy Bob for Medium Length Hair
The best part about this messy bob hairstyle is the disconnected ends. They completely bring out the disheveled feel without overdoing it. More importantly, it helps recreate the carefully careless and trendy look for you without too much effort. You can add more variation and punch by using an interesting color and even ombre it for a smoldering and seductive touch to the hairdo.
3. Messy Bob with Bangs
If you like to keep your hair short and hassle-free, this is one of the best options to keep your cool on a hot summer day. The added advantage is that this messy bob haircut also makes you look very cool and super chic.
4. Graduated Messy Bob
This is one of the perfect examples of great improvisation and easy hassle-free styling. The messy styling adds great substance to the graduated bob and makes it stand out. This is also one of those quintessential styles that enhance your feminine charm.
5. Short Messy Bob
The straight bangs further enhance the messy bed head that this style is all about. This is also a versatile style that works effectively on most hair types. Irrespective of the hair color, this cut can bring a sophisticated look about you. In case you have a big forehead, this is a great way to camouflage it.
6. Long Bob Balayage with Bangs
This is appropriate for long choppy bob. The baby bangs on messy bob and the metallic balayage sync in seamlessly to create an uber chic styling alternative. It is trendy, casual and yet perfect for even official presentation and represents the perfect harmony.
7. Caramel Bob with Blonde Highlights
This caramel cut is one of the extremely unique and trendy options in the messy bob space. The babylights and the understated highlights work effectively in bringing out the chic elements of the messy bob hairstyle without effortless grace and candor. It also looks equally effective in short brunette hair.
8. Messy Short Stacked Bob
If you have a square face and slightly lighter colored hair, this short messy bob will do wonders to your entire personality. It is casual, trendy and very easy to maintain wherever you might be dressing for. The subtle highlights add further dynamism to the whole look.
9. Messy Bob with Soft Waves
If your hair’s natural fall is wavy and you have a messy bob, this is perhaps how it looks. It is clean, easy to maintain and completely lifts the look across your face. Whether it is a date night or a regular office day, this look is perfect.
10. Wavy Messy Bob with Middle Part
If you thought a messy bob was only for straight or slightly wavy hair, then think again. This messy bob hairstyle with middle part celebrates curls the best way.
11. Messy Bob with Side Fishtail Braid
This is another interesting dimension added to your messy bob. The beautiful braid on the side makes the bob sexy and seductive.
12. Bob with Side Swept Bangs
It is side swept, it is textured and it is stylish. This is a style that brings in a sultry, seductive appeal about you. An extremely sophisticated look, you can pair it with bright colored lips for best results.
13. Bold Blue Bob
If edgy and voluminous is your choice of style, you can rock this messy bob hairstyle with aplomb. It is attractive, and the disconnected end further enhances the overall style. The side part on bob and overall tousling further improve the edgy element.
14. Flipped Messy Bob
This is one of the best talked about sassy messy bob style that you can choose to enhance your overall look. This is particularly effective for those with thick hair and often has trouble styling it. Maintaining this style is rather simple and easy to achieve.
15. Messy Blonde Bob with Bangs
If you want the perfect combination of cute and messy, there isn’t any that can match the charm and appeal of this particular styling of the messy bob. It is trendy, casual, effortless but also understated and classic. Whether you are going to the beach or office, this style will always look appropriate.
16. Messy Bob with Choppy Layers
The razor cut at the ends no doubt give this choppy and messy bob cut a stylish edge. They say it is all about presentation and you get a beautiful version in this hairstyle. It is effortless but charming at the same time.
17. Messy Bob with Highlighted Ends
If you like wearing your hair a little longer, this shoulder length messy bob cut will surely appeal to you for its subtle charm and easy application. The lighter color at the ends adds substance to the messy cut.
18. Messy Short Blunt Bob
Now, who would think frizzy could be stylish? This is perhaps as easy as it can get. If you like to wear your hair short, this short messy bob is all you need to bring forth an effortlessly stylish and sexy look.
19. Messy Textured Bob
The texturing adds a sense of mystique to this short messy bob. It also highlights the disheveled ends and lends a youthful appeal to your face. You can even team up this hairstyle with interesting hair color and other styling aids.
20. Two Toned Messy Bob with Tousled Hair
This two-toned hair adds sparkle and charm to the tousled, messy hair. Moreover, it adds dimension to the messy bob look and makes it stand out.
21. Teased Messy Bob
Talk of a perfectly imperfect stylish and edgy hairstyle and this messy teased bob hits the brief completely.
22. Messy Wavy Lob
This wavy long messy bob with hints of white at the end is captivating and simply stunning. This enhances your feminine charm in a seductive way.
23. Blonde Wavy Bob with Side Bangs
This side parted look absolutely amps up the short messy bob into something completely stunning and beautiful.
24. Long Messy Ombre Bob
This hairstyle is all about how to style messy bob is a charming, appealing and eye-catching way. The ombreying adds further body and dimension to this cut.
25. Pink Bedhead Bob
If you want to add an edgy dimension to your bedhead look, this is perhaps the best way to style a messy bob haircut.
But the fact is messy bob is never as easy and effortless as it comes across. You need to give some deep thought to make sure this stands out every time you step out of the home.
Q. Can You Make Your Mom Bob Messy?
Ans: You can make your mom-bob cut messy. But if you ask me, a mom-bob is a big no however you want to style it. Given the range of messy bob, look for something else that you can work around.
Q. Are Textured And Messy Bob Similar?
Ans: Textures is primarily all about adding volume and creating an additional dimension to your hair. You can even go for a textured messy bob. It is more of a styling fundamental that adds personality to the messy bob.
Q. Can You Try Messy Bob with fine curly hair?
Ans: Yes, you can surely try messy bob on fine curly hair. In fact, you can work out the overall curls in a way to bring in a graduated short messy bob with curly hair at the end for best results.
Therefore messy bob is one of those effortless and stylish hairstyles that can amp up the most basic ensembles in a stylish and seductive way. You can wear your bedhead with aplomb if you know how to style messy wave well.