Do you have long fine hair and you are not too sure what is the right way to style it? Well, just know that you are not alone. Plenty of women worldwide have a hard time trying to bring back some life, dimensions, bounce, and definition to their thin hair, but the biggest mistake that they are making is not knowing which style suits them. If you want to know what hairstyle is ideal based on your preference, hair color, head shape, and an upcoming event, keep on reading!
Tips & Maintenance for Thin Long Hair
- Skip applying conditioner to your scalp. Although this may sound weird & unusual, it is the best step for long thin hair. Apply it from mid-length down to your ends. If you apply a hefty amount of product to your scalp you will just end up with a greasy and flat looking outcome.
- Use a lot of hair styling mousse. Find a formula which is a bit more hydrating and apply it onto wet hair. A small penny amount will get the job done well. Apply it to the roots and down the ends before you blow dry your hair.
- Blow dry your long hair to activate the mousse or any styling product that you’ve previously applied. If you let it air dry it will only fall flat and end up looking even thinner than before.
- Add as much of volume as possible at the roots. Flip your head upside down and massage your cuticles. This will give you a bit of that lift, volume, as well as curl. You can also use old-school rollers to give yourself a long-lasting curl.
- Use a lot of dry shampoos since it gives volume better than hairspray. Hairsprays tend to look & feel greasy, which is why you should invest some money into a high-quality dry shampoo.
- Get highlights. These can be a great distraction which will make your hair look longer and more voluminous. You should do the process twice a year so you don’t damage it or weaken additionally, but you can also ask your hair stylist to use henna on you- which is a natural plant-based color which will give you a fuller hairline without damaging your hair.
Best Hairstyles for Long Fine Hair
Following are the 21 most suitable hairstyles for women with thin long hair.
As previously mentioned, you should get a set of highlights in order to create an illusion of bigger & fluffier hair. Women who have thin long hair will look lovely with a bleached set of platinum highlights.
2. Shaggy Bangs
This shag hairstyles for long thin hair with bangs will suit women who have oval faces the best. It hides the fact that your hair is thin, while also giving you a nice square shaped face jawline & more defined cheekbones.
3. Super Long & Thin Hair
If your fine hair is extremely long and you don’t want to cut it simply freshen it up with some baby highlights. Women who have round faces will create a dimension by letting their hair fall on both sides while being covered in dramatic highlights.
4. Thin Layered Wavy Hair
Wear your hair on the side with some highlights and you will automatically look a lot more dimensional and proportional. This beige blonde haircut for long fine hair is ideal for younger women, and it is covered in beautiful highlights which you can try out this Summer season.
5. Long Thin Platinum Blonde Hair
If you have long thin hair stylishly wear it on one side to create a dimension of a fuller hairline. This look is ideal for every day & casual activities.
6. Side Swept Brown Hair
This long hairstyle is ideal for thin hair and for women who have square-shaped faces. Jessica Alba is one of the brown-haired actresses who is rocking this hairstyle on a movie set, while you can easily wear it when at your prom, wedding, or any other formal event.
If you are a bride-to-be and you have fine long hair no worries, you can still enjoy a fuller outcome! This wavy and bouncy hairstyle will create an interesting illusion of voluminous hair, especially down the ends which you can achieve with some curling irons, all on your own!
8. Long Brown Hair with Boho Braid
Side swept braided bangs will open up your face and will allow you to play with makeup more than ever! This long hairstyle is ideal for fine hair, and it will look the best on women who are in their 20s.
9. Natural Dirty Blondes
If your hair is naturally blonde and is long and thin just embrace your look by adding a few low-lights down the ends, and by wearing your hair with a middle part. This adds dimension and creates a fuller hairline while not being harmful to your natural hair, only a bit towards the ends.
10. Long Dishwater Blonde Hair
Gigi Hadid looks gorgeous with this long thin middle part hair, and so can you as long as you add a bit of texturizing spray towards the roots! You can also add some mousse to add that fluff at the top, it is that easy.
If you have long fine hair and you have a formal event upcoming get this half side hairstyle. It can distract the attention from an uneven and unflattering hairline while giving you a bit of that sass, ideal for night-outs!
If you are in your 40s or 50s know that there is still a way for you to style your long thinner hair. Get a set of bangs to round up the look, and don’t forget to wear a bit of makeup since it is a great way of distraction.
This long fine hairstyle with see-through bangs will suit women with oval faces the best. It is also quite playful, and it should be styled by women who don’t mind straightening their bangs each morning.
14. Messy Hairstyle
If your hair is becoming thinner as you age hide that minor imperfection by getting a set of bleached highlights. This little trick will make your face makeup pop, and will also bring back some youth to your character.
15. Curtain Bangs
Bangs are a must-have for square faced beauties because they can elongate and round up your face without making it look disproportional. Sandra Bullock is obviously rocking this long & straight thin hair look, and so can you!
16. Wavy Hair with Bardot Bangs
If you can use a teasing comb each morning to give yourself a bit of volume on top make sure you fluff out your bangs. This look will suit younger women the best.
17. Blunt Bangs
Nicki Minaj looks fierce with these thin long black hair. This long style is ideal for those women with thinner hair who want to cover up their forehead and bring all the attention to the center of their face.
18. Thin Light Blonde Hair
A proper side part will allow you to style your hair straight & sleek, which is an ideal look for daily activities. If you are a natural blonde you are going to love this hairstyle for your long fine hair.
19. Long Blonde Hair with Bangs
Long bangs are so chic and in right now, so you should give them a go! This long straight thin hair with bangs will look so fashion-forward on teens, and younger women.
These highlights will be a huge hit for the Summer season, so make sure you get them before June! These will create an illusion of fuller hair, and will definitely look great on every lady.
21. Long Honey Blonde Hair
Lastly, if you have a formal event that you need to attend to get your long fine hair into long beach waves with the help of your curling iron. This look is a must for weddings, and it takes away only 15 minutes of your time.
Ready to switch up your hairstyle and to enjoy mesmerizing long thin hairstyles? You can easily style every hair type, as long as you have the right set of tools. Also, these 21 styles will come in handy if you are indecisive, so make sure you pick your favorite!