Even though fishtail French braids are probably the most complex and difficult kind of braids you can select, they are the ultimate spring break look. So, for all of the girls who love to party until we drop yet want a hairstyle that is practical with a longer lifespan, fishtail braids are the answer.
Step by Step Fishtail French Braids Tutorial
Fishtail French braids may look more complicated than they look. However, with our easy peasy tutorial and the numerous styling tips and tricks, nothing can seem so difficult anymore. Therefore, put your reading glasses on and get ready to be guided throughout all the steps needed to get it done. Because all you need to know is visualized in this YouTube tutorial video below.
Items and Tools Needed:
- Hair Brush.
- Hair Band.
- Hair spray for extra grip and fixation.
Duration: It takes up to 7 – 10 minutes.
Skill level: Medium.
Thus, to sum up the steps above:
- Take a section of hair.
- Divide it into two.
- Take a small section from the right piece, cross it over, and add it to the left piece.
- Take a small section from the left piece, cross it over, and add it to the right piece.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 along with adding a small section of hair from both sides each time.
- Continue braiding until all the hair is added in.
- Gently loosen the braid by pulling out the edges.
- Tie off the end with a clear elastic band and add a pretty hair clip to finish it off.
Popular Fishtails French Braids for Women
Despite being a hairstyle that is both time consuming and arm straining, yet the results are totally worth all that trouble. So, that is all considering the step-by-step tutorial. However, just like any other hairstyle, here are 21 different kinds of fishtail French braids to go with every outfit of your exceptional wardrobe. Thus, check out our digital catalog below to get to know all about them.
#1. Braided Headgear
For a messy yet glamorous design, you can go with the braided ponytail that goes all around your head like an organic headband. Yep, that’s another way to save the planet! So, all you have to do is drag your fishtail pony and wrap it around your head. And don’t forget to secure it with a few bobby pins, because “just in case”.